cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you figure out who to write Goodwill Letters to? C...

tag
fidele

How do you figure out who to write Goodwill Letters to? C...

How do you figure out who to write Goodwill Letters to? Call the company and ask who to beg to? Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you figure out who to write Goodwill Letters to? C...

If you have ever paid your creditors late and it is reporting on your credit, that is where you would want to start.  If those lates are not yours, then you would want to dispute that with the CRA's( credit bureaus).  Read the Frequently Requested Threads in the General Credit Issues thread.  This should help you get started.  OK?

Hope this helps, that is what I did.
Message 2 of 6
fidele

thanks myhearts07. Thanks for the tip on the FRT - I have read the ones that applied to my situation and the were very informative. However, I guess I wasn't clear enough on my question...I know which "baddies" to target, but I'm talking about how to know which *person* or *department* specifically to address the goodwill letter to (especially person). Thanks!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

For my Cap one GW (which worked), I just sent it to their credit reporting dept. and addressed it to "Dear Credit Services Professional," or something like that. I guess I could have tried to google-investigate it until I had a person's actual name, but frankly I didn't really think it would work anyway. Anyway, that worked for me.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the address listed on my credit report as my starting point. If in doubt, or you don't have an actual POC, address to Whatever Co. (Credit Department) and then use the whatever address you have for that company. It may take awhile to get to the right folks, but it has worked for me. I just got an alert today on Truecreditthat Walmart had reported an update on Equifax and it turns out that my one baddie with them has been eliminated. I sent the GW letter a couple months ago and had to address it as I suggested above.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you KK...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.