Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get a charge off from reporting as revolving credit

tag
PlanoRich
New Visitor

How do you get a charge off from reporting as revolving credit

Been lurking for a few months and finally decided to sign up. Ran into issues alomost 5 years ago. Been checking my credit on another pay site and could never figure out why after 5 years and all my current revolving credit below 15% I'm still not able to get my scores for a home eq above 620 so I qualify for the loan. Reviewing my report on this site I found that even though one of the accounts that is a charge off, it is still reporting I have a balance that is at 111% for TU and EXP (EQ does not show it) which for these two show my revolving credit at 79%. How do I get this removed like the rest of my charge off's or like it is with EQ.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How do you get a charge off from reporting as revolving credit

If a debt on a revolving account remains unpaid, it continues to be included in your % util scoring as long as a balance and credit limit continue to be shown.

Charging-off a debt does not negate the continued obligation of the consumer to pay the debt, and does not remove it from your % util scoring.

You can get it removed from continued inclusion in your % util scoring by paying the debt.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.