cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you guys prepare your cards for their birthdays/anniversaries?

tag
percy81
Frequent Contributor

How do you guys prepare your cards for their birthdays/anniversaries?

Hello myficoers, my chase freedom has his 1st birthday this month and my discover is next month. My question is, do any of you prepare your cards for their special day in hopes of getting a nice cli ?? I'm really not expecting anything from chase...especially since I finally got a $300.00 bump from them last month a month before its anniversary. My discover on the other hand has always treated me kindly. So what utiliaztion should I have on it by the first of next month or should I use it like crazy this month and PIF immediately, haha! I'm currently at 11% on discover if that helps. Thank you! Smiley Happy  Okay, I get more excited for my cc's birthday/anniversaries than I do my own!! Smiley Very Happy

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

Re: How do you guys prepare your cards for their birthdays/anniversaries?

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  uhhhh,

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  I can't make up my mind.

Huh?Huh?! Say what?!,       or   Banana

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 2 of 5
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

You know, this is a great question. And as somebody who only recently started thinking much about CLIs, I don't know.

I've had a Discover card since dinosaurs roamed the earth and they've given auto-CLIs on my card's birthday several times even when my utilization with them was in the 40% range. Other times they haven't given an auto-CLI even when my balances have been lower.

But I just dropped overall utilization under 20% and should soon have it at 13% and I'm suddenly a lot more aware of the effects of high or low utilization. Now I'm thinking about what you asked.

The one thing I really, really, really want is an auto-CLI on my Chase Amazon Visa. My CL with them has been stalled ever since I opened the card three years ago. So yeah, I'm dropping my utilization with them and am going to hope for the best on my upcoming "birthday statement."

Message 3 of 5
percy81
Frequent Contributor

@bobebob wrote:

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  uhhhh,

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  I can't make up my mind.

Huh?Huh?! Say what?!,       or   Banana

Smiley Indifferent

Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 4 of 5
percy81
Frequent Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

You know, this is a great question. And as somebody who only recently started thinking much about CLIs, I don't know.

I've had a Discover card since dinosaurs roamed the earth and they've given auto-CLIs on my card's birthday several times even when my utilization with them was in the 40% range. Other times they haven't given an auto-CLI even when my balances have been lower.

But I just dropped overall utilization under 20% and should soon have it at 13% and I'm suddenly a lot more aware of the effects of high or low utilization. Now I'm thinking about what you asked.

The one thing I really, really, really want is an auto-CLI on my Chase Amazon Visa. My CL with them has been stalled ever since I opened the card three years ago. So yeah, I'm dropping my utilization with them and am going to hope for the best on my upcoming "birthday statement."

Sounds like you have a good plan Smiley Wink

Goal 800+
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.