cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you keep up with your scores/reports?

tag
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: How do you keep up with your scores/reports?

Has anyone here used Quizzle for EX. I haven't used it in a while, but it's free.

Message 11 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Jazzzy wrote:

Has anyone here used Quizzle for EX. I haven't used it in a while, but it's free.

I have it but I think its just a score once every 6 months D: 

Message 12 of 17
chasmith
Valued Contributor

I've been using USAA (Experian sourced, daily pull with 3 FAKO scores) but may be changing because they are stopping daily pulls Oct 9 for me.

I also have Equifax Scorewatch (discounted via NFCU) which gives me alerts on balance changes and tracks my EQ FICO score.  I occasionally buy a full report with score.

I started again with Credit Karma, I think it will give me ability to pull my TransUnion daily with FAKO.

I don't actually pull daily but want the abiulity to check a balance.  My intensive / credit repairing days are hopefully over.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@chasmith wrote:

I've been using USAA (Experian sourced, daily pull with 3 FAKO scores) but may be changing because they are stopping daily pulls Oct 9 for me.

I also have Equifax Scorewatch (discounted via NFCU) which gives me alerts on balance changes and tracks my EQ FICO score.  I occasionally buy a full report with score.

I started again with Credit Karma, I think it will give me ability to pull my TransUnion daily with FAKO.

I don't actually pull daily but want the abiulity to check a balance.  My intensive / credit repairing days are hopefully over.

You can pull CK daily but it doesn't give you your full report. It will update based on what is on your report at the minute you update though, account balances, min payments, inquiries, stuff like that. 

Message 14 of 17
laz98
Senior Contributor

I was using the TU Quarterly Monitoring, but I decided to cancel it because it didn't really work the way I thought it was going to.  We were also both using USAA monitoring, but since they are doing away with the daily pulls & we are trying to cut back on our expenses anyway, we are going to be cancelling that as well.  Since I got identity theft'd (yes, I made that up) not too long ago, I'm kind of wary of cancelling USAA, but I don't know if I want to pay more now.

Right now I get all 3 FICO scores via cards/accounts, so that will have to do for me (& I shouldn't complain anyway).  My gf only gets a DCU EQ score at the moment, but eventually we will get her into PSECU so she can at least get the EX as well.  Probably not going to get her a Walmart card, since we don't really need 2 & she doesn't really need any more cards.  I can at least buy the TU here, though.

Message 15 of 17
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

I use MyFico quarterly monitoring, and update CK once every two weeks.  If your spending more than $10.00 a month on being paranoid about your reports/scores, then you are out of your minds......   Man Surprised

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 17
Cloudlb
Regular Contributor

I pull the scores directly from myFico and order my credit reports a few times a year.  I'm also signed up for a free credit monitoring through my AAA membership (which I am not sure how useful it is, but anyway)

Unless you are getting ready to apply for a loan, or need to do clean up on baddies, I don't think it's helpful to obsess over daily ups and downs in the score.  Regular, on time payments, and time will improve your score overall and in time.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.