cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you know if there is a fraud alert on your file?

tag
mazinaige
Regular Contributor

How do you know if there is a fraud alert on your file?

How do you know if there is a fraud alert on your file? Does it show up on the credit reports we receive through Suze Orman's FICO Kit Platinum?

FICO® TU: 703 8/07/2015, EQ: 716 8/07/2015
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How do you know if there is a fraud alert on your file?

DW had one on her CR, starting with EQ. We tried to pull a CR directly from the CRA and kept getting these error messages. So, I had her call. They took several steps to ID her and then told her that a FA was placed on her file. We had to reset the login info and everything worked fine since.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you know if there is a fraud alert on your file?

If you order your reports directly from each CRA, you will see under the alert's, personal information, if your file is blocked because one has been placed and for how long it will remain there if you do. I don't think reseller's have FA's disclosed atleast I do not have copies that do (when they did have one)

As llecs said, it will also be more difficult to obtain your own reports if you do have one. 

If you find you do have one that you didn't place or one you no longer want, you can mail a request for them to remove it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.