Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you like this one? Makes a lot of sense, adivce needed

tag
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

How do you like this one? Makes a lot of sense, adivce needed

I stupidly DV'd an OC (yeah yeah I know DUMMY)

Well, I got a reply from them and this is what it said:

Thank you for contacting Applied Card Bank's CSD, we appreciate having this opp to serve you.

We have received your request concerning validation of your debt, Fed Regs stipulate that a dispute can be determined to be "frivolous" if hte consumer fails to provide sufficient info to investiate the disputed info or the dispute was prevoiusly submitted.
As a result of our review, we have determined tht you request falls in this category. We will not provide any further response concerning this request.

It appears that you may be working with a Credit Repair Agency. If you are currently paying the agency for this service, it would benefit you more to work with us to find a better solution. We are willing to clear your credit history concerning this account if you are willing to settle the obligation.

Your account was charged off; however we are willing to settle your account. Please contact us toll free at the number given below to make arrangements for payments to settle your account. If you satisfy the terms of this agreement, we will consider your account settled and instruct the CB to delete the account from your credit file.

If you are interested in our offer, please contact us at ### ###-#### M-F 8A to 5P so we can begin the process.

Now, keep in mind I still do not know who these people are, much less what account they are talking about.

"Frivolous" What is frivolous about wonder who the heck you are and why are you on my CR?

It appears that you may be working with a Credit Repair Agency? Like I would pay someone to do this for me when I can do it for FREE!

Settle your account and we will "DELETE" the account from your credit file, HUMMMMMMMMMMM I wonder how many SUCKERS they have gotten with that line? NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So someone tell me, if I sent a letter asking who the hell they are wht the hell send something like this?

Does anyone know who Applied Bank is?

Sorry for the typos, my claws are getting too long (really). I am going to go find a fingernail file now.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you like this one? Makes a lot of sense, adivce needed

can you provide me that 800# on the letter..i sent them a PFD and haven't heard back on a CO.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

applied bank bought out cross country bank..have you had any dealings with cross country?
Message 3 of 10
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

in 2001 the only info I had on the acct was what was on my credit report.
Message 4 of 10
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

866-297-1642
Message 5 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

DW has the exact same form letter from Applied. I did not send a DV to them, but rather disputed via the CRAs due to being past 7 yrs and balance was incorrect. They responded with that letter. Basically it is a PFD in response to a dispute validation.

Yep. Applied owns Cross Country. Address match and at least one corp officer matched. DW's report also says Applied. She had CCB in 1999-2000 and closed it in late 2000.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

the good thing i am hearing about applied is that they are PFD friendly which should help me a bunch with my CO getting paid.
Message 7 of 10
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

I wonder it the will PFD the whole balance or a percentage.
I am almost positive I have the last bill with the amt in my files as I never throw anything out.
Message 8 of 10
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Also How do I know that is mine, it isn't with a CA so I can't dispute it.
I had to almost laugh when I read that they thought I was working with a credit repair agency.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I applied for new CC through them. But im not sure which CC it was.....It would be WAMA (use to be providian)    HSBC or household    the last 2 are same but go under both names.

Have you ever had a CO from any of these?

The wa it works..........IF you dispute the OC with the CRAs & it comes back verified  then you send the OC letter & they must answer      A little like the DV

It use to be that the OC didn't have to answer at all. That has changed     they must answer ONLY after they verified your dispute with the CRAs.

As you know now  DV only goes to a CA............Did you dispute before sending the OC  the DV???

If not  dispute now   wait until the investigation is over (30-45 days)  when the CRAs close the disputes      then send the OC the letter!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.