cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you remove a late payment (according to fico) when you cr says you dont have any?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you remove a late payment (according to fico) when you cr says you dont have any?

Can anyone help me deal with this Tu account?..I have similar problems with EX(ex shows a recent repo though after dispute on an old charged off account)??? and EQ but I'm doing it one CRA at a time.
I'm going to dispute with CRA just wondering what to say.

This is a charge off account that I pay regularly/monthly to the lender's collection department..it doesn't appear in my collections section though..(it is listed in regular accounts).

No point doing a pfd as they wont do it .

The balance is incorrect (its alot lower)

It is actually closed..as its a charge off...but it is listed as open.

I disputed some inaccurate lates on it (stupidly!) and they were all removed ..but now fico in its infinite wisdom says I missed a payment in Feb in my reasons for low score ..my last activity being listed being NOV 04 (when the account was actually charged off) they never update my payments as they go through a different department..

I have no idea where fico got this missed payment from but as it isnt actually on my credit report what do i do?This is the only account red flagged so it has to be this one . I actually have no lates on my file.

I wrote along letter explaining everything to creditor and they havent replied (5 weeks ago)..showing credit reports before and after dispute and how the status date changed things but they don't seem to care I guess as i haven't got  a reply.

Maybe I should put this in understanding fico..as i don't understand this

You recently missed a payment.

Your most recent late payment happened
3 Months agoMost FICO High Achievers [?], about 93%, have no missed payments at all. But of those who do have a missed payment, it happened nearly 4 years ago, on average.

If you missed a payment, your FICO score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred. In general, the more recent the missed payment, the more impact it has on your score. In your case, your last missed payment happened recently.

What to do about this: If the late payment on your credit report is valid, you should focus on continually paying all your bills on time. This will demonstrate a good payment history so that your last missed payment will have less of an impact on your score as time passes.

<

Other AccountOther Account xxxxxxxxx
Status as of [?] Feb, 2008
Date opened [?] Feb, 2002
 Date of last activity [?] Nov, 2004
Date paid out [?] Not Reported
Date closed [?] Not Reported
 Account number [?] XXXXXXXXXX0806
Loan type [?] Consolidation
 Credit limit [?] Not Reported
Largest past balance [?] $9,857
Terms [?] 144 Monthly
 Account Type [?] Installment Account
Account holder [?] Individual Account
 Scheduled payment amount [?] $134
Account status [?] Account is Open
Descriptions [?]
  • Profit and loss writeoff
Contact Information [?]
Balance [?]
Current Status [?]
Past Due Amount [?] $9,684
Charged off as bad debt $9,684
Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times
 Worst Delinquency [?] None Reported

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: How do you remove a late payment (according to fico) when you cr says you dont have any?

not sure this is related to your late but I called MYFICO today about the same message on my transunion and begged them to show me where the late was in the last 5 months.  They couldn't find it and kicked it upstairs to a supervisor.  Later in the day I got an email that said it was "under review" and "resolved" but I haven't officially heard anything as of yet.  They were suppose to call me back.  So will see.  Perhaps yours is the same issue.  A glitch with Transunion and Myfico?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you remove a late payment (according to fico) when you cr says you dont have any?

I just received the same thing on myfico and EQ.   its shows my last late payment was 5 months ago in the front, and my total late payments went up by one, but I cant find any late payments on my CR.  I know I havent made any late payments..I've become almost obsessive about paying ontime or early....
Message 3 of 6
lsjohns00
New Contributor

@granny031350 wrote:
not sure this is related to your late but I called MYFICO today about the same message on my transunion and begged them to show me where the late was in the last 5 months.  They couldn't find it and kicked it upstairs to a supervisor.  Later in the day I got an email that said it was "under review" and "resolved" but I haven't officially heard anything as of yet.  They were suppose to call me back.  So will see.  Perhaps yours is the same issue.  A glitch with Transunion and Myfico?

Was this issue ever resolved? I am seeing the same thing on my report.

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: EQ 653, TU 657, EX 656 Lender Pull (MyFico)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@lsjohns00 wrote:

@granny031350 wrote:

Was this issue ever resolved? I am seeing the same thing on my report.

Hi there.

Just in case you didn't notice you've resurrected a nearly 4 year old thread so you might not get an answer.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 6
lsjohns00
New Contributor

Looks like I need to start a new one

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: EQ 653, TU 657, EX 656 Lender Pull (MyFico)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.