Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Amex work?

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How does Amex work?

nikkoslilmouse wrote:
Do  you know which credit bureau that they use to pull your scores from.

EQ the last time I checked.
Message 21 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've read that AMEX considers your history with them moreso than your cr when applying for credit.  Is this true?  I may want to open another account with them in the future.
Message 22 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

pulled experian for me.  Theres a couple of databases you could look at for pulls in your area

Message 23 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

KDM,

If you have an account from the past in default with AMEX, even if it's past the 7-1/2 year reporting date, even if it's past the SOL, you likely won't get another card from them until you pay up on that defaulted card. Been a whole lotta discussion over on CIC about AMEX Oasis program that let's you get back in their good graces.

Message 24 of 81
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:

KDM,

If you have an account from the past in default with AMEX, even if it's past the 7-1/2 year reporting date, even if it's past the SOL, you likely won't get another card from them until you pay up on that defaulted card. Been a whole lotta discussion over on CIC about AMEX Oasis program that let's you get back in their good graces.

Correct. AMEX NEVER forgets. Smiley Happy You could try their Oasis program.
Message 25 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't get another AMEX card if you paid me to take one.  Benefits are lousey if you are into points, fees high, too many people don't take them because they are expensive for vendors, and last but not least, that hidden limit will bite you.  My business made the decision a while back to get corporate cards for the partners (we did about $5m at the time and had an excellent D&B).  At about the 3rd charge (probably hadn't put $1000 on it) we were at a business lunch and the card got rejected for $100.  Spent 45 minutes trying to get it resolved in the manager's office.  How embarassing.  Haven't used it since.  Screw them.
Message 26 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very much so...I received an AMEX GOLDSmiley Very Happy So I asked them why I got such a prestigious card and the CSR said my payment history fr my AMEX BLUE...My scores are not too bad either: Current CL on the Blue is 20K..

Any idea on how to maximise the use of this card? Will my FICO get a major jolt by getting this card?

I also got a AMEX SIMPLY CASH for business...

TU:716
EXP:698
EQuack: 714

Message 27 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy,
 I have never had an Amex card are they hard to get I do have a Bk that was dc in 2000 and my scores are not the best. I do have alot of inq because of a Dealership we got our truck from.
Thanks
Message 28 of 81
mikki74

This is very true.  I had an AmEx account when I was married and when my ex-husband ruined my AmEx accounts (we had two), they never gave me a card again.  Although I had excellent credit and the AmEx incident was caused by my husband instead of me.   This happened over 13 years ago.  AmEx hold grudges!Smiley Mad

Message Edited by mikki74 on 05-01-2007 06:39 AM
Message 29 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I new a debt collect once (from dog walking... is that relevant?????) and he told me that AMEX never forget... be careful with that card 'cause if you mess up they will stalk you until the end of your days.. then expect your children to hear from them.

You talk about running up large amounts for travel....  is that work related ?  If so have your company pay.. why take on someone elses debt ?
Message 30 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.