Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Amex work?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does Amex work?

Also,
is it true if i apply for couple of AMEX on the same day...they will count as one inquiry on the credit reports?
Message 71 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested a CLI the day after I received my Amex Blue and they gave me a 5,000 CLI instantly.
Message 72 of 81
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Hey KDM:

I just love my new Gold Rewards Plus Card.  Been charging the hell out of it and just racking up frequent flier miles.  Great customer service too.  No funny stuff with them not approving a charge.  No problems.  Not sure what my secretive pre-set limit might be!
Message 73 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Fused;

I like mine too!  I've had no problems using it and the customer service is everything I expected it to be.  I'm hoping to rack up enough points between my two cards to help pay for my European vacation next year!

Message Edited by KDM on 05-18-2007 04:18 PM
Message 74 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irvin,

AMEX Green and Skymiles are kinda the "bargain basement", but both can be upgraded later. If you apply for both online the same day, at most you'll get one INQ per CRA. But I think AMEX only pulls TU and EX. Not EQ.

Message 75 of 81
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I have two AMEX cards and both times they pulled EQ and EX.  This is probably bc I live in Hawaii.  EQ is far and away pulled the most in the islands.  TU is rarely pulled.
Message 76 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone know what the lowest possible APR with amex blue would be? the amex woman on the phone told me my APR at 10.9% is the lowest possible. did she lie?
Message 77 of 81
fused
Moderator Emeritus

rb6p wrote:
anyone know what the lowest possible APR with amex blue would be? the amex woman on the phone told me my APR at 10.9% is the lowest possible. did she lie?

Your APR is based on your credit scores and Amex's scoring models.  10.9% is pretty darn good.  What card card are we talking about here?
Message 78 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

we're talking about blue
Message 79 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Did you get approved and if so how many days did it take? I applied for the Delta card this past Thursday and got an instant approval.  I then applied for the Starwood card the next day, Friday, and got the same message you did....in progress...I was wondering if this was a denial or most likely an approval?   
Message 80 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.