Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Amex work?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does Amex work?

@Anonymous wrote:
It will be used for a small charge monthly, less than a hundred. Just so it's used regularly and easily paid.
It will also come in handy for travel, which doesn't happen often (unfortunately).

Bravo. You have chosen...wisely.
Message 11 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you got the no pre-set spending limit u can use thousands of dollars but heres the catch you have to pay it off in your next  bill . My mother in law has the gold card and so do I, But she went on a trip and used 6 thousand dollars and they cut her off she called them up and told them what the hell was going on and why did they do that sooooo she had them take the hold off and yes at the end of the month she had a 7000 dollar bill and she paid it off .If you don't pay off that card at the end of the month they terminate you a s a member  I suggest applying for the clear or blue card they gave me a 5000 limit and everything else is great . You pay on it whenever you want through out the month . So as far as it goes its been great to have . I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Message Edited by jonie4jones on 04-28-2007 09:02 AM
Message 12 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

New world-
There are organizations that I know of that can boost your credit score 80-200 points in 45-60 days.. Let me know if you are interested in that.. No need to wait until 2015 for credit opportunities to be knocking down your door..

BBOP
Message 13 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok how does that work very curious??????
Message 14 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm with you I heard your scores have to be 720 or more based on one website I saw that lists cards by fico score. Maybe you and I in 2015 can apply together! Smiley Happy

Not really we know the rules and we will be there before we both know it! Keep the faith new world man!
Message 15 of 81
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Hey KDM:

Just updating you on a letter I just received from AMEX regarding my Gold Card.  AMEX is now offering me "FLEX LINE PAY."  Essentially they are giving me the opportunity to revolve some or all of my charges, big or small.  Strange they offer this to me, I have had the card for only one week.  Someone told me its based solely on credit worthiness.  You might get this offer soon in your mailbox.  There is a catch though, whatever you revolve (that is, place in flex line) has an APR of nearly 19%.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 16 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBOP is referring to companies that "rent" you AU status. It ain't cheap, and you'd be better served using the money to pay down debt or get a secure card.

The AMEX Delta Skymiles card is purportedly the easiest to get. I think AMEX One is another easy card. People have gotten AMEX cards with FICOs in the low 600s. Doesn't require a 720.

Main thing about AMEX is that if you ever defaulted on an AMEX card, even if you're past the 7-1/2 reporting period, and even if you're past the SOL for your state, AMEX will not issue you a card. They are the credit elephant that never forgets. You have to pay up, but their Oasis program let's you pay up and get issued an AMEX Optima card.

Message 17 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw on the website that you can request to have a balance over 200. on a revolving basis. 
It'll be interesting comparing notes since we are both new to having this card!  I'll let you know if I get a similar offer. 
Message 18 of 81
Eric958
Established Contributor

Hello  BBOP,

would you mine sharing that info, I think I would be interested in something like that in the near future, I just have to get rid of one more baddy.
Thanks, Eric

Never Give Up!!
Message 19 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do  you know which credit bureau that they use to pull your scores from.
Message 20 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.