Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a Negative balance report ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does a Negative balance report ?

So I paid a credit card balance down from $100 -- $0, but the company issued a cash reward credit and my statement balance shows -$7.98 / $600 CL. How will this report to the CRA ?? As a $0 balance or showing as a negative balance (credit balance) ? Very confused on this .. Be nice to see a few extra points to help UTIL overall :-)

Thanks all for any input.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: How does a Negative balance report ?

I've had that happen a few times and they have always reported as $0 on the credit reports.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1, had this on my last statement and it was reported as $0. 

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

I haven't pulled reports directly from the CRA's but I have one at -$50 and the report data provided by CK indicates that its balance is 0.

@Anonymous wrote:
Be nice to see a few extra points to help UTIL overall

Even if it did count you're talking a difference of 0.01 or 1%.  I wouldn't expect 1% to make a significant difference.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.