Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the AMEX Oaisis Program work?

tag
sl
Established Contributor

How does the AMEX Oaisis Program work?

To make a long story short, I was in a DMP with AMEX.  The account was paid in full (no settlement - just interest waiver)  and will show correctly on my CR upon the completion of the statement cycle...AMEX says 7/11/07.

My question how long do you have to wait to apply for the Oaisis Program. I am in no rush to apply but would like to know what I am up against and even if I qualify.

Thanks.

Message Edited by sl on 07-02-2007 02:51 PM
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How does the AMEX Oaisis Program work?

Oasis is Amex's rehab program. It's a way to get back into their good graces. Upon paying what you owe, they will issue an Optima Card to you.

American Express Oasis Program
888-232-3261
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dumb question... Do you have to have had a card with Amex to sign up
Message 3 of 21
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

cfstr1 wrote:
Dumb question... Do you have to have had a card with Amex to sign up

Yes
Message 4 of 21
sl
Established Contributor

Thanks Tuscani, Do you know if they mail you something or best to contact them at the number you gave me. Currently my FICO is 647 and I am anticipating a 30+ jump when this is off. They are showing me 120 past due and owing $7800 (but as mentioned above, this will come off on July 11th or about).
Message 5 of 21
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Contact them
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two additional Oasis numbers.
800-843-2273
800-700-7619
Message 7 of 21
sl
Established Contributor

I called AMEX about te Oasis Program this morning and I was told it is by invitation only.
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have an unpaid acccout with them?  If you do, apply for one of their cards...they will most likely decline you. You ask for the Oasis program.
Message 9 of 21
sl
Established Contributor

I had an account with them that was past due and in collections, however, it is now paid off.  I called AMEX this morning and asked about it and they said it was invitation only and I had to wait to be invited.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.