cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the AMEX Oaisis Program work?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does the AMEX Oaisis Program work?

sl wrote:
I called AMEX about te Oasis Program this morning and I was told it is by invitation only.

Did you try all 3 numbers? Ask them whether they are showing your balance PIF on the defaulted CC?

Message 11 of 21
sl
Established Contributor

AMEX is going to be the death of me yet.  I hate them.

I called all three numbers and they told me my account is not being handled by their office it is being handled via NCO and they cannot do anything until the account is transferred back to them.

I was on a debt management program with them and it was paid off in June and was suppose to report to my CR yesterday.  So after my call to AMEX today I called NCO to see when they were sending the account back to AMEX since it was paid off and I was informed that they showed it was paid off on 6/12/07, however, there is now a $7500 debit to the account they are not sure where it came from.

I called Holly Delaro, th EA to the President of AMEX and they are closed.  I have been fighting this for 4years and they tell me one thing and do another.

Do I need to get an attorney involved at this point, or are there any suggestions.  I have posted about this several times on this post.

Please help as I am at the end of my road.

Message Edited by sl on 07-12-2007 03:40 PM
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just keep waiting it out. If you PIF in June, I would say odds are good you'll get something in the mail from AMEX in the next 4 weeks.

DW PIF her defaulted AMEX in late April or early May. Got the Optima offer in the mail, sent it in, got her Optima in June. Read here.

Is the collection reporting now as PIF? If not, give it a week or so. Reporting should update by then.
Message 13 of 21
sl
Established Contributor

WOW.WOW.Wow. I am in tears..

AMEX can not suck enough. I finally got off the phone with them. They screwed up again. The interest waiver program was completed in June and showed the balance of 0 - they debited my account back the full amount I owed and then credited it and left a balance of $38.00. I got them to waive it but I now have to wait until August to see if it reports correctly.

What really sucks is a supervisor refused to talk to me and wanted to give me the run around.

I cannot take the pressue of this anymore. I screwed up 4 years but made things right and they won't fix the mistake and keep giving me broked promises.
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could dispute with the CRAs now as inaccurate. Get them to update the TL sooner. I think DW did that because the collection didn't update right away.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm new here.  Your advice has been very helpful. 

Can you help me with this dilemma?  I once had 3 Amex cards at the same time: 2 were provided by my employer and the other was a personal card.  When my employer laid me off, I defaulted on all 3.  My 3 in 1 credit report is showing a charge off on just the personal account in the amount of $1667.  So, about 6 weeks ago I sent AMEX a PFD letter to the Ft. Lauderdale address indicated on the credit report.  I received a response requesting I call them.  I called today and was directed to a number in Omaha.  I spoke with a woman there who claims I owe $2590 for a different account number.  I asked if this is for a personal card and she said yes.  I told her I had a different card number on my credit report, but didn't mention the $1667 balance and she said that the account number is "scrambled" on the credit report, but that the account in question on file is the one she wanted to settle with the $2590 balance.  She was very aggressive in trying to settle and offered the Oasis program.  Basically, she offered to send out an offer in writing to give me a new Optima card with a credit limit of $1200 if I agree to pay the full amount of $2590, which I can pay in 4 installments.  She stated the new card is guaranteed with no credit check, provided they don't find any bankruptcies or past due accounts with AMEX in my history review.  She also refused to honor a PFD, stating policy. 

How do I handle this?  I can pay it off (although it does not appear on any of my credit reports) and hope to get the card if they don't discover the other charged off AMEX accounts, or should I just let it go, as the only AMEX charge off appearing on my credit report is for the $1667 with a different account number? 

Thanks for your help.
Message 16 of 21
sl
Established Contributor

I would send AMEX a Debt Validation Letter for that amount.

My feeling with AMEX that if they have your SS# they will search all their files before they send you another credit card.

They are not easy to deal with then if it goes to NCO they are worse.
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an AMEX with employer too, and left the company, and I owed AMEX about $1200 (CL $2k).  I had a lady call me as I was waiting for my 401k (WAS planning to use funds to start up business); and she told me I was going to be charged with some type of company fund theft or whatever (can't remember) but it scared the c... out of me.  I told her listen lady, I was the administrator of the company, and I know it is based on my personal agreement to pay, the company did NOT secure it in any way, and NO company funds were involved in this whatsoever.  Whatever it was though scared me so bad that I paid it off within 2 weeks when I received the money.  I did NOT know then what I know now thanks to all of you.  I would have handled it differently.

I received the "Optima" option later that fall and took it.  That's what I have now and from reading other posts, perhaps AMEX isn't the card I wantSmiley Sad
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

mrspooch wrote:
Can you help me with this dilemma?  I once had 3 Amex cards at the same time: 2 were provided by my employer and the other was a personal card.  When my employer laid me off, I defaulted on all 3.

For the 2 provided by your employer, were you personally responsible for paying them or were these for an expense account and your employer paid the bill?

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just read the string about the Oasis program and others with problems with Amex.... working on rebuilding my credit scores from some stupid and lazy mistakes....while I am making great progress thanks to the folks here...moved both wife and my credit score over 75 points in the last 6 weeks...expect another 50 point in the next month or two as a few more fixes hit the reports. Biggest issue now is I closed most of my cards 3-4 years ago and replaced them...so my "open" credit age is pretty short and counting against me on the scores. I bring this up here because one of the cards I had closed after having it open since 1986 is an Amex. I thought I read somewhere here about getting a closed account --with no negatives -- re-opened. If that is the case I would love to re-open this card so I can get a boost in my "credit age". Any advice on how to do this? Thanks
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.