Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does this happen?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does this happen?

I was looking at my Trucredit.com report and I noticed that during a 4 month time period when we were behind in our bills, several of our creditors did the following over the course of the last year:

TU and EX - on time payments, 4 months of 30 days, on time payments
EF - no payment acitivy, 4 months of 30 days late, no payment activity

There was no positive status payment history whatsover for the these accounts which had been reported to Equifax. If they report bad credit, shouldn't they report good credit?

I know it is done to show that you are delinquent but are they not obligated to show the good if they are showing the bad?

Just a thought.

Thanks.

Missy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: How does this happen?

Call and ask them to report the good payments.  They should if they report the bad.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did contact the creditors and they said they would do a dispute with the CRA's on my behalf and when the account comes back to them, they will update it with the positive history. Seems stupid to me and long and drawn out, but what can you do.
Message 3 of 6
John060675
Valued Contributor

That does seem strange.  Beurocracy at its finest.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Meaningless. Generally you will find no detail in your Equifax tradelines on your Truecredit reports.
Message 5 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

smallfry wrote:
Meaningless. Generally you will find no detail in your Equifax tradelines on your Truecredit reports.

Absolutely.

My experience so far with resolds are that every one of them is different... no consistancy at all.  I agree EQ seems to be the worst.  It's really best to pull direct to see what is really reporting. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.