cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How fast do the credit bureaus update after info is received??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How fast do the credit bureaus update after info is received??

I paid off all of my credit card debt last month and contacted each of my creditors to see when they would be reporting to the bureaus.  They are all reporting between today (March 9) and March 22.  How long will it take to see this reflected on my credit score?  Do they update immediately when they receive the info or does it take them a couple of weeks to 30 days?  My husband and I are anxious to know because we fell 4 points shy of getting a mortgage and would really like to buy while the tax credit is still in effect.  Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DI
Super Contributor

Re: How fast do the credit bureaus update after info is received??

@Anonymous wrote:

I paid off all of my credit card debt last month and contacted each of my creditors to see when they would be reporting to the bureaus.  They are all reporting between today (March 9) and March 22.  How long will it take to see this reflected on my credit score?  Do they update immediately when they receive the info or does it take them a couple of weeks to 30 days?  My husband and I are anxious to know because we fell 4 points shy of getting a mortgage and would really like to buy while the tax credit is still in effect.  Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Welcome to the forums.  EX always the first to update its data immediately after the creditors submit new info.  Do understand creditors usually don't submit changes until a new new statement generates.  

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The statements are generating between March 9 and March 22.  They told me they report the day after.  So I know when they are reporting, just not how long it will take for that info to get to updated on the credit bureau side of it.  I am worried that even though I paid things off last month, it won't show on my credit score until late April...    Thanks for the info!
Message 3 of 4
DI
Super Contributor

If you have a statement that generated on March 9th, it should be reflected on your Experian report by March 10th.  TU and EQ takes a few days longer.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.