Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Capital One for mortgages?

tag
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

How is Capital One for mortgages?

I have posted for a couple other threads but in case you don't know: we are looking for a 100% mortgage. Right now I think our best options are Capital One or Quicken Loans. My husband and I each have our own Capital One cards and have never had a problem with them. (But I do think it is weird that they check our credit EVERY month.) We also have an auto loan with them and again, no problems. In fact, I think with a BK on our record, we received a very good interest rate on that loan (under 8%).

However,  I am a bit worried about how much Cap One is villified on these forums. Does anyone have a good or bad experience with them for a mortgage? Or Quicken Loans?
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How is Capital One for mortgages?

CAP1 is more popular, but both are plenty reputable for mortgages.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne AR's their accounts every month so they can find an excuse to put you at the DEFAULT rate. Fact or Fiction experts?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you are shopping the mortgage yourself- Ask friends for referrals for a good originator- They know how to shop them.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a mortgage lender.You might want to look for a lender that has First time home buyer programs.They are a lot of good loans at 100% financing. Be careful of sub prime 100% loans.They usually have high rates and pre payments.
Message 5 of 7
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

Unfortunately, we are not first time home buyers. Our first home was bought with an FHA loan and then there was more than a 3 year break before we bought our current home, also with an FHA loan. It is time for a conventional loan.
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI Cap one only does Prime and Subprime but not really subprime! The subprime is handled by another company that answers Cap one! As for Quicken Loan... Good luck but PLEASE shop around! Im not to big on them.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.