cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Equifax and TransUnion SO different (is FICO a SCAM?)

tag
BuffaloBoy
Valued Member

How is Equifax and TransUnion SO different (is FICO a SCAM?)

On this very website, using the FICO score, my score with Equifax is 727. My score with TransUnion is 643. That is a HUGE differnece. That's 84 points. I know it's not the same, but I checked with Experian and my score is about 700 as well. So FICO, what is the deal here? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How is Equifax and TransUnion SO different (is FICO a SCAM?)

Both the TU and EQ scores are from here, right? Ignore the EX score assuming it didn't come from a lender. Your EX FICO could be much higher or lower.

It's normal for the two EQ and TU FICOs on here to differ. In fact, it would be a rare oddity for the two to match since the formula differs between the two. However, 84 is beyond the norm. Can you say with 100% certainty that your EQ and TU reports are EXACTLY the same? Are you certain you have the exact same accounts? Are you certain the balances are exactly the same? Are you certain the payment history is exactly the same? Are you certain you have the exact same inquiries on the same date(s)? Are you certain all of your accounts updated exactly at the same time based on your last pull? Do both TU and EQ have the same reported dates? Do both show the same status? Do both show the same "worst delinquency"? Same length of history? Same AAoA? Same util? 

Any differences in the above can easily throw your score off by 84 or more depending on the change.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.