cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long can you keep accessing your credit report after a dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In other words, after I make a dispute and they take 30 days to consider it and rule on it, how long after that can I still access that credit report?

If, let's say, you can access it for 2 months after that, as long as you keep disputing something, say, a wrong address or mispelled name or 90 day late instead of 120 day late - theoretically you could keep this going for a year or so, no, and get to view your credit report for free without paying a service to do so?

Or am I missing something and it does not work that way?

I am still seeing an Experian report based on - as far as I know - a dispute I made 5-6 months ago...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long can you keep accessing your credit report after a dispute?

I don't know about the others but for experian I have been able to see my report for probably a year now.  I dont dispute anything.  I just keep logging in with the same report number and it has always worked.   Same for DH.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what we affectionately refer to as EX's back door.

TU has one, too.  EQ, sadly, does not.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar

how do you get the one with TU??

Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

love2golf wrote:
cheddar

how do you get the one with TU??

Thanks!

Log in to the TU website and initiate an online dispute.  The first time, you will need to purchase a report if you don't already have one.

If you are a TC subscriber you can initiate a dispute through TC.

Then, follow the instructions on the screen. Smiley Happy  (You don't actually have to submit a dispute.  You just have to initiate one.)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.