Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for Equifax to respond on mail ins

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take for Equifax to respond on mail ins

Found something on all three of credit reports that was not me. Sent disputes off via snail mail to all 3. Exp and TU fixed it over 3 weeks ago but I have not heard  a word from Equifax. How long does it normally take?    

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take for Equifax to respond on mail ins

I heard back from Equifax in about 2 weeks when I snail-mailed them something.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks BBS  we are now going on 30 days as of Monday. No word yet.   It will be another week before CK updates if not by then I will send them a not so friendly reminder.  

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear you.  I think it's a crapshoot with the 3B.  Different results with each of the 3B from different people.

I've sent idential snail mail letters to all 3B in the past for different random things... like an incorrect name/address on my report that I wanted fixed.  Sometimes I'd get a response from 1B, sometimes 2B.  I don't think I ever got a response from all 3B.  But it has varied.  It's not always the same bureau(s) that reply to my requests.  Sometimes you'll see that the requested modification is made though, whether you get a response or not.  All I can say is that the 3B are consistently inconsistent.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBS,  Agreed. I sent off a dispute to all 3 for DW about 2 weeks ago with the continueing saga of person who has same name, similar birthdate and owns same of biz as us and lives about 100 miles from here. Here junk keeps showing up on DW report every year. It also impacts my DW state and federal work licenses(other person was revoked) . TU and EXp fixed DW quickly. Equifax sent her a letter saying they are working on hers but I still never heard anything about mine.    

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds like a headache.  With different SS numbers though, even with the same name and living in relative close proximity, how are they confusing the report information between the two?  I can understand your frustration with that one.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do it every time. What's worse some one  tries to tell DW she has a revoked state/or federal professional license(other person's) . Dw is very very sensitive abou this.

State and Federal licenses are indexed for our type of biz by name not ssn. The other party lives just close enought her zipcode first 3 digits are the same. They think the other woman simply moved down the road.?  We  have had payments delayed while we had to  proove they were not the same person. 

In today's mail Equifax claims they can't verify my address of 12 years and I have to send proof of my id, This is insane.  It the same address as on my credit report. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny that they can't verify your address but they are able to mail you things to that address and you're able to mail them things from that address no problem. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax always seemed to take the full 30 days for me. They were stubborn and dumb.
Message 9 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is often not solely in the hands of the CRA.

If the information under dispute was provided by a furnisher, as opposed to public record information of dispute of an inquiry or personal identifier information, the FCRA dispute process requires that the CRA forward a copy of the dispute to the reporting furnisher, and the reporting furnisher must investigate and reply back to the CRA no later than the expiration of the CRA's permiited reinvestigation period.  Thus, if the furnisher does not respond until late in the period, the CRA reinvestigation will be delayed.

If their is no furnisher, then the back and forth is eliminated, and reinvestigation can be concluded by the CRA without waiting for a furnisher response.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.