cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for Experian and Transunion to update credit report?

tag
mpierc01

How long does it take for Experian and Transunion to update credit report?

I was recently added as an authorized user to an Amex and on Sunday morning it reported to Experian and shot my score up from 625 to 700!  I am trying to qualify for a mortgage and needed to get my scores up.  My question is- when will Experian and TransUnion update?  I'm excited to see my other scores come up too.  It's only Tues., but shouldn't the other bureaus update this information soon?  Thank you for any answers!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: How long does it take for Experian and Transition to update credit report?

I posted a memo in relation to authorized users. So click on this link to read it. The rest of us had to earn our fico scores by making payments to our own accounts. In addition it is also being requested that all authorized users be denied being reported tot eh credit bureaus. The bottom line is that if you want a high score such as 740 & up you need to earn it.

Message 2 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

Re: How long does it take for Experian and Transunion to update credit report?

Most cases EX update credit files same day new info is submitted by the creditor   TU may take a week.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing happened to me, my Father added me as an AU on his AmEx 27.9yo card, It appeared on EX within days, I have called AmEx and they said it can take up to 90 days for it to be listed on EQ and TU, it could happen sooner but its possible it can take up to 90 days, I'm looking forward to seeing the positive impact on those two reports as well.

CreditBob wrote:

I posted a memo in relation to authorized users. So click on this link to read it. The rest of us had to earn our fico scores by making payments to our own accounts. In addition it is also being requested that all authorized users be denied being reported tot eh credit bureaus. The bottom line is that if you want a high score such as 740 & up you need to earn it. You're pretty harsh about this, not everyone like you has made perfect choices in life and needs a little help, this is a stepping stone for me to get back on my feet, and once I'm back on my feet I'll have myself removed from the AU acct. Until then I WILL take this help and I think everyone who has a relative that has the capability of helping a family member should!! Why Not?? I'm 40 years old and YES I've made mistakes and it took me far to long to take charge of my credit future but now I finally have and if I can have my     Father add me as an AU on his acct. IMO, I'd be a dumb a$$ not too. I would love to buy a home of my own before I'm 50 so maybe by being an Au on a 27.9 year old acct can help me achieve a good enough "length of history" and credit score to qualify for a mortgage within the next two years, you can bet your butt I'm going to take advantage of the opportunity.

Message 4 of 17
mpierc01

Mustanglvr2006, the account showed up on TU just a few days ago.  Not showing up yet on EQ.  Totally with you on the AU accounts being a great opportunity.  My credit score is low mainly because I am 24 and I haven't have adequate time to establish a long history.  I have every intention to pay my debts and handle credit responsibly.  However, it is pretty difficult to do that when lenders won't even give you a chance these days.  The AU account gives me a chance to start building my own credit.  Don't see anything wrong with that.  Not sure why people some people become so judgmental over this.

Message 5 of 17
bbb1234

I am also waiting for my newly AE auth account to be posted on my credit report.  I totally agree that we should be able to benefit from auth account.  I used to have $23k limit from my credit cards.  However, during recession and because some errors (some wrong late payments) on my credit reports, my credit limit was reduced to about $12k.  It made me looked real bad since my utl is now at 90%.  I used to have 50% utl!!! 

I tried to talk to the credit card companies about this, and NONE of them is willing to help.  All they do is to tell to me submit a request to raise my credit limit.  But 100% of the time they denied me since my fico score is too low now!!!   To make this worst, they put hard inquiries on my report which dropped my score further. How can we fight back about this?  I disputed with the errors and got them removed by providing all the bank statements.  They eventually removed the late payments.  But my score remains the same since my utl is very high. This is totally unfair!!! 

Finally I did many researches on google and from this forum to learn that I could improve my score by adding myself as a authorized user on my family's account.  My EQ fico is now at 645 and TU fico is 650.  I am hoping to see a difference when the AU account shows up on my credit report.  I am trying to get a consolidating loan to get rip off the credit cards.  These high interest credit cards are killing me!!!

mpierc01, do you know how long did it take for showing up on all of your reports?  Does any one know about this?  Thanks!!!

Message 6 of 17
GregB
Valued Contributor

Here is the info on delays in CRA updates that I have accumulated in the last few years:

EX is blazing fast - we are talking minutes, maybe an hour or two. Weekends don't seem to affect this.

EQ and TU take a few days up to almost a week. Weekends seem to have an effect..

DON'T forget the delay in the creditor reporting. BofA seems blazing fast. Seems to be hours. Most of them seem to take a day, sometimes two days. Some of them seem to be slower reporting when the statement closes on a weekend. Amex is painfully slow, sometimes completely skipping a month.

There are a few unusual ones that have been reported on this site that don't report on the statement date.

Message 7 of 17
bbb1234

GregB, do you mean from the statement date?  So Amex will report to the CBs after the statement date close?  Thanks for your response and answer!  Appreciated!!!   
Message 8 of 17
GregB
Valued Contributor

@bbb1234 wrote:
GregB, do you mean from the statement date?  So Amex will report to the CBs after the statement date close?  Thanks for your response and answer!  Appreciated!!!   

All CCs report the statement balance after the statement closes as far as I know. A few post here have stated that some unusual CCs report a different date such as the 30th of the month. You might do a search to see what those CC companies might be. They aren't the ones I have which are BofA, MBNA, Wells Fargo, Chase, Citi, Amex, CapOne, Discover, BMW, FIA.

They might report a new account at another date the first time. If you are looking for info on just Amex, they are unbelievably erratic. They report on average for me about 10 times per year, usually a few days after the statement closes, sometimes as much as 3 weeks late, and frequently not reporting at all. They seem to be particularly bad when reporting a zero balance but I don't have enough missed reporting to be real sure of that.

Message 9 of 17
bbb1234

GregB, thank you for your info.  I will wait for it to show up on my reports. Hopefully not too long!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.