cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for MyFico to show experian update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take for MyFico to show experian update?

Last Experian update was 5/26/15. Does this sound right?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Re: How long does it take for MyFico to show experian update?

My last experian alert was 5/15/15. I've had util decreases which set off alerts for the other bureaus recently, but not for EX. All my accts are posted the same across all bureaus, so dunno whats going on with it.

Message 2 of 11
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

My last last Experian update was April 31, 2015.

Message 3 of 11
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

My last EX update was on June 7th. My EQ is always slow to report. It was almost two weeks behind my others until it finally caught up around the 3rd.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 4 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Last Experian update was 5/26/15. Does this sound right?

This is a very common topic so don't overlook prior discussions as well.  myFICO does not update on a schedule.  Updates occur based on trigger activity.  Make sure you understand the triggers.

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/~/understanding-what-triggers-fico%C2%AE-3-bureau-credit-monitoring-and-fico%C2%AE-identity

We can't tell you if a last update of 5/26/15 is right or not.  It could be that you've had no trigger acitivity since then.  It could also be that you did and something went wrong.  You'd have to refer to your Experian reports to verify or contact myFICO Support.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using myfico to track Equifax FICO. A week ago a new account posted to all three bureaus, I can see it there on Equifax on the amex creditsecure site.

Today myfico emailed me to say my report was all clear this week!

I cancelled the service.
Message 6 of 11
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

I agree the service is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy behind and it doesnt help when people make excuses for myFICO 

Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 7 of 11
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Yeah I'm about to cancel as well. Not going to keep paying for a service that is weeks behind other free websites. If I need my 3 reports + ficos I'll pay for that, assuming the bureaus aren't running any specials.

Message 8 of 11
elim
Senior Contributor

@jacksont1981 wrote:

I agree the service is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy behind and it doesnt help when people make excuses for myFICO 

I agree its new and slow and if it doesn't suit your needs then don't use it.   I don't see any excuses on this thread.  Maybe making complaints/suggestions here may "help".

I get the least amount of alerts on Experian  (slow / averaging 4 EX per month) and i'm letting most of my accounts report.  I got turned off when they made the giant credit card spam and the flashy animated dial scores (for us simpleton trout   "ohhhh prettyyyy").

I seem to need to add Credit Sesame, Credit Karma, USAA, AMEX,  etc, until these people figure this thing out (or they pay the CRA's what it takes to get fast alerts). This problem (slow and missing alerts) is definitely turning a lot of people away from their services.  

IMHO the best way to make $$$ in this world is to be the BEST at what you do or carry the BEST product/service... and this is pretty bad, lol, especially coming from what used to be a quality name like Fair Isaac.  This is the wild west of monitoring and I imagine soon (with all the hacks and thefts growing every year) we will have cheap or free access to simple, quality credit monitoring. After all it is cheaper for the customer to police his/her own accounts and reports than anyone else. A nice federal regulated standard may show up soon and we can pay a little for the good stuff or leave it in the trash where it belongs.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a second email from myfico telling me that my report is all clear. So, that is two weeks since I saw my PLOC show up on all three credit bureaus, without any peep from myfico letting me know. Cancelled my account, but it's good through the 21st. They get one more kick at the can before it shuts off -- any bets on whether I get another "all clear" or do they finally figure out that there's a new account posted?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.