cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for inquiries to show up?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take for inquiries to show up?

How long should I wait to make sure a creditor only did a soft pull and not a hard pull? It would be on TransUnion so I will find out on CreditKarma, but how long until it would show up?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: How long does it take for inquiries to show up?

They may or may not pull right away when you click on submit.  It's more or less instantaneous after they actually pull your credit report. 

Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Inquiries are not "reported" to the CRA by a furnisher, but rather are "entered" into consumer files by the CRA based only their own grant of the request for the credit report.

Thus, the processing time is only that of internal file update by the CRA.

How promptly they do their data processing is the unknown..........

Message 3 of 8
dms42
New Contributor

The inquiries from my applications on Friday showed up yesterday...so to answer your question -1 day. As of this morning, 10 of my 12 pulls were showing. Yes, I'm gardening for the rest of the year. 

Chase Freedom $2500...NFCU $17,500...Cap1 $3900...USAA Amex CashBack Reward Plus $16K...Amex Everyday $1K...Discover iT $5500...BofA Royal Caribbean $1600...Kohls $600...Best Buy $2K...Dell $4K...Conns $4K...Blue Nile $2K...WalMart $2700...Discount Tire $2700...AZSTCU Visa $5K...PayPal $1800...USAA Visa $7500...Merrick $1600...Target $300...USAA Rewards Visa $6K...Home Depot $500...Old Navy Visa $1K...Citi HiltonHonors Reserve Visa $7K...USAA Amex Reward (2nd card) $11K...Williams-Sonoma $3K...Crate & Barrel $7K...USAA Cash Reward Amex (3rd card) $7500...NFCU Signature Visa $14,500...AMEX PRG (NPSL)... FINALLLLLLY, drumroll please... Marriott Rewards!!!! $7500. (Now I'm done. Gardening for the rest of 2016!)
Message 4 of 8
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

mine usually show up the next day for me too

i checked like a few hours after and no pulls but this is usually later at night i noticed when im applying earlier as soon as im done i get an alert. its a mixed ball for me lol

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 5 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How long should I wait to make sure a creditor only did a soft pull and not a hard pull? It would be on TransUnion so I will find out on CreditKarma, but how long until it would show up?

If you want to verify a soft you can pull your report directly from the CRA.  A hard pull will usually show up almost right away.  As RobertEG stated, the pull takes place when the creditor requests the report though how long the CRA takes to update may play a part.'

Why are you so worried over a single pull?  HP's are generally a small factor.  They can have a bigger impact for those with thin and/or poor credit profiles but the issue in such cases isn't the hard pull itself but one's credit profile.  If an HP is a big a problem then you have bigger issues than HP's to worry about.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you want to verify a soft you can pull your report directly from the CRA.  A hard pull will usually show up almost right away.  As RobertEG stated, the pull takes place when the creditor requests the report though how long the CRA takes to update may play a part.'

Why are you so worried over a single pull?  HP's are generally a small factor.  They can have a bigger impact for those with thin and/or poor credit profiles but the issue in such cases isn't the hard pull itself but one's credit profile.  If an HP is a big a problem then you have bigger issues than HP's to worry about.

One word: gardening.

Message 7 of 8
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

if its a HP it should show on your next credit karma update.  from my experience inq's show up rather quick and ive had some show up next day.  however,  when i applied for my arrival card from barlcays... less than 10 seconds after i hit apply i got an email from experian monitoring saying i had a hard inq. credit sesame alerted me about 15 minutes after experian did.  they pulled TU. 

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.