Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take?

Hello everyone, since I have joined this forum I have learned plenty and am happy to say in just 3 weeks I have had three things removed from TU, one thing removed from EQ and one thing removed from EX On TU I had a CC charged off not paid $907 not mine removed, HSEHLD finance 8 late removed, and Sprint $55 CA removed. On EQ I had same CC charge off not paid $907 not mine removed. On EX I had same CC charge off not paid $907 not mine removed. Thank's if I had not found this forum all these things would still be on my report so, for that I am truely appreciative. Now my question is how long after these things come off the reports does it take before they adjust you score? As of 3 days after deletions TU up only 4 points, EX same, and EQ only up 2 points. I have to say I was expecting a bit more.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long does it take?

Scores might not change much if the late payments and COs are very old. How old are these baddies?
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Fused, On TU the CA for $55 was 10/2004, the CC charge off of $907 was 05/2005 and the HSEHLD Finance 8 late payments was 02/2002. EX and EQ deleted the CC charge off of $907 and it was listed as 05/2005.
Message 3 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't expect a big score increase with late payments as old as 2002 being deleted, but I am surprised that you didn't see a bigger increase in scores with the removal of the COs that are two to three years old. Are you sure nothing else changed on your CRs? Any new accounts, inqs, etc.?
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No nothing else has changed. I just started about three weeks ago repairing my credit and besides the deletions nothing has changed. TU with the three deletions got me 4 points so far. I hope they are not done adjusting my score. Fingers crossed! Thanks Fused.
Message 5 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

tough_luck wrote:
No nothing else has changed. I just started about three weeks ago repairing my credit and besides the deletions nothing has changed. TU with the three deletions got me 4 points so far. I hope they are not done adjusting my score. Fingers crossed! Thanks Fused.

TU has finished adjusting your score. Their scoring system and computers, along with EQs and EX's don't take long to think and vomit a score...it's very fast. Unless of course other changes occur on your report.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! That stinks, 3 deletion 4 points..I was so excited when all three came off my CR. I was hoping to refi next month, I only needed 12 points to put me in a nicer rate. 8 more points would have drop my payment 275 bucks. I wish I would have found this forum sooner. Thank you Fused111 for your time.
Message 7 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Well do you have any other bad stuff on your reports. How about CCs? Do you have high balanceson them?
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I still have a bad car loan that will drop off Jan/08 and it is also reporting as a CA. And I have a CC charge off that I am hoping to PFD after refi and that is it. I have a mortgage of $217,000 and right now I have no CC. I know now that not having CC is killing my score but if I apply for some now it wont help for awhile.
Message 9 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Do you know all three of your FICO scores?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.