cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does will it take for my FICO score to show up?

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: How long does will it take for my FICO score to show up?

it normally is 6 months to generate a Fico score. have you tried to sign up for the free services like creditkarma, creditsesame, credit.com and quizzle? the scores are Fako but it might show you when you could pull your Fico scores here ? CK is TU, CS and Credit is EX and Quizzle is EQ. once these work it probably will also work to buy the real Fico scores here - Good luck!

Message 11 of 19
nocreditbotgotcash
New Visitor

@CreditRookie22 wrote:
Ok, well, your concern now is being able to qualify for a mortgage due to not having active tl's. Check out the mortgage forums, they're very helpful. Are you going conventional or fha?
 I was planning on going FHA for first time home buyer rates.  My fiance has great credit but not enough income to qualify for the mortage on her own.  I was also told I can not be on the mortgage with a score of "N/A" even if I have a cosigner.  From what I was told, once I have credit scores finally show up, then my fiance and I can get prequalified together.  We have plenty of income, I would just be the one with a light history.

Message 12 of 19
JLK93
Established Contributor

@nocreditbotgotcash wrote:

I do not have a FICO score.  I would like to know when I can expect one.  When will my 6 months trigger it to show up.  6 billings? 6 months from opening the card? 6 months from November 1st if card was opened on November 20?

You will generate a FICO score on May 1st. It will be 6 months from November 1st. When I first established credit, I monitored the situation closely to determine exactly when my FICO scores would first generate.

Message 13 of 19
CreditRookie22
Contributor

Check out the fha guidelines. I might be wrong but I think u might need 3 active tradelines that have been active for at least 12 months. Look in to it and let me know what happens.
Message 14 of 19
roniram
Regular Contributor

You need to speak to another loan officer if they were not aware that FHA does allow for alternative tradelines if you do not have traditional credit. For example, they will use your payment history (12 months) on a utility bill, cellphone, rent, car insurance, gym membership etc. to underwrite the loan.  Its not done all that often, but when I was a loan office in the past, they did allow it for FHA loans.

Venture 10K /NFCU Platinum 6.6K /Amazon 6.6K/ Walmart 3.3K /Cap 1 QS1 1.65K /Cap 1 Platinum 1.15K /Show MC 1.1 /Amex BCE 1K /Chase Freedom 1K / NFCU Cash Rewards 500/
Starting Score: 6/1/13 TU 566 EXP 632 EQ 611
Current Score: 09/13/21 TU 726 EXP 717 EQ 718
Goal Score: 740 Across the Board
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 19
FishMaster

My wife and I are in the EXACT same situation as you!! scary.. Its been very frustrating.. We opened her secured cc in Oct 2013 and she still does not have a score either. Im assuming to the responeses to your post that we should have one this week?!? Let us know what happens. We are also going FHA route. Good Luck!! 

Message 16 of 19
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@CreditRookie22 wrote:
It's actually 6 months of your cc reporting to the cra's.

^ This.  The reason is that the data is needed as scores are based on report data.

Message 17 of 19
JLK93
Established Contributor

@FishMaster wrote:

My wife and I are in the EXACT same situation as you!! scary.. Its been very frustrating.. We opened her secured cc in Oct 2013 and she still does not have a score either. Im assuming to the responeses to your post that we should have one this week?!? Let us know what happens. We are also going FHA route. Good Luck!! 

You should have a FICO score on April 1st. The opening date for a credit card is reported on credit reports as the 1st of the month the account was opened. So, if your account was opened on Oct 25th, the opening date will be reported on your credit report as Oct 1st. Your FICO score will generate 6 months from this date.

Message 18 of 19
FishMaster

Thank-you so much for the info! 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.