Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for PAID items to fall off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long for PAID items to fall off?

I started keeping track of my FICO score (again) just at the start of 2008.  When I paid up my cards/credit lines my score jumped about 37 points from 01/05/2008 to 01/23/08.  Its not budged since. On 01/23 & 01/30 paid off 3 of the collections showing up on all three of my bureaus.  I also have 2 inquiries and 1 collection due to fall off between the end of Feb and 03/10 (today).

So far there has been NO movement since I made those payments at the end of Dec. that boosted me in January.  I did use my Circuit city card and within a week that was on there causing a 20 point drop.  But I paid that off again and it is STILL not showing.

How long does it take the agencies to update?  We're looking at almost 6 weeks for those three paid items to fall off.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long for PAID items to fall off?

Did you do PFD?  Collections don't just fall off b/c they are paid. Only if you negotiate a PFD or they are past CRTP. 

It is said that a collection has the same effect on your FICO, paid or unpaid.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry I have no idea what you just said LOL

What I'm saying is these things are still showing as owing balance.  I don't know what a PFD is.
Message 3 of 5
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Pay for Deletion.

It basically means you agreed to pay what is owed if they will delete the negative item.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie Guide-

Frequently Requested Threads-

Incomplete list of abbreviations-

PFD letter

If they haven't reported the balance at $0 or that they are paid and it's been awhile, you can first try calling.....or you can dispute the balance amount with each CRA(credit reporting agency) that is reporting the accounts.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.