cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for bureaus to update once creditor reports?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long for bureaus to update once creditor reports?

Capital One for me always reports to the bureaus on the 16th or 17th of the month.  My question is when do the bureaus typically update with that reported information?  I pulled my 3 scores this morning (the 18th) and all 3 are still showing my old utilization and credit limit when my credit limit has increased and my utilization is substantially lower.

I'm looking to app ASAP, but want to make sure that the new information is reported as I'm expecting a 10 point boost or so across the bureaus.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: How long for bureaus to update once creditor reports?

It varies.  All we can say is several business days.  If you need to verify that something has updated then you might want to use a monitoring service that offers daily pulls of report data if you need that sort of granularity.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll probably just wait another week and pull my 3 scores again (for free) and see if the bureaus are all updated.  It's not life and death that I app this week; I have no problem waiting until later on next week.  I guess I just didn't know if there was any sort of consistency with respect to the timeline between when creditors report to the bureaus and when they update their information.

Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

It should be updated by then if all goes as normal. I've found most that report show up within a few days.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool.  Looking forward to next Wednesday...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.