Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for my fico.com to update?

tag
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: How long for my fico.com to update?

FYI - there is a similar thread in the General Credit Topics section. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/MYFICO-not-updating/td-p/4490274
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Drift.

I've learned one thing this week:   MyFico.com is simply a reporting mechanism for consumers and the updates are kind of random.   WHEN a mortgage lender pulls the report, it will show the most up-to-date info. the three bureaus have, despite MyFico.com not being up todate.  

Its just a matter of piecing together different info. sources to be sure the 3 bureaus have all updated, and then telling the mortgage lender to go ahead and pull.  I may not have a great idea ahead of time the precise FICO scores, but I've got an idea....

Happy Friday.

Message 12 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Drift.

I've learned one thing this week:   MyFico.com is simply a reporting mechanism for consumers and the updates are kind of random.   WHEN a mortgage lender pulls the report, it will show the most up-to-date info. the three bureaus have, despite MyFico.com not being up todate.  

Its just a matter of piecing together different info. sources to be sure the 3 bureaus have all updated, and then telling the mortgage lender to go ahead and pull.  I may not have a great idea ahead of time the precise FICO scores, but I've got an idea....

Happy Friday.

Yeah, but the problem is the bureaus have a lag time in updates too.  It's a pretty ugly situation for us consumers, but whatever is on the bureaus dataset, will be what a lender pulls.  Incidently if you make the full pull from myFICO you'll get whatever is there too same as a lender, but the monitoring solution has two sources of lag at a minimum and that can stack up to awkward latency at times in terms of updates.

It's not a perfect solution by any means unfortunately.

End of the day if you're looking to apply for a mortgage ASAP, you have to go check the base reports or otherwise accept the delay with all the services in terms of updates. 

Recent diagnosis demonstrating why that's really the only way to fly these days if you absolutely have to know when something lands on the bureau's dataset.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Bureau-updates-monitoring-solutions-and-us/m-p/4490683#U4490683

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/MYFICO-not-updating/m-p/4490274#U4490274

RE: CCT > MF for Experian updates, they're competitors and CCT is Experian's baby.  I'm pretty idealistic as a whole, but I read that one blind when CCT was first brought up... some streak of cynicism in me apparently when it comes to this enchilada.

        
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.