Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for report to update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long for report to update?

Generally, how long does it take the CB to update your report after a dispute? We disputed some things with each CB and there were a few things to be "deleted". I'm just curious how long it takes them to actually delete? I know this is different for everyone, and different for each CB but I'm just curious from experience? 

Thanks!! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: How long for report to update?

If the results of the dispute is deletion then the disputed item (whether it's a late, or account, etc.) deleted immediately.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How long for report to update?

No later than 5 business days after conclusion of the period for reinvestigation of the dispute.

The CRA must conclude their reinvestigation of a dispute within 30 days of filing, unless the consumer submits additional info during the reinvestigation period, which then extends the reinvestigation period to 45 days.

The CRA must then send their formal Notice of Results of Reinvestigation within 5 business days after conclusion of the reinvestigation period.

The FCRA requries the CRA to include a copy of a revised credit report with the Notice of Results if the resolution of the dispute results in any changes or deletions.

That copy is evidence that the CRA has actually made the changes.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.