Frequent Contributor
smooshiesmom

How long to wait after sending PFD letters to acutally sending validaion letters?

I have sent out some PFD letters.  I have heard back from three.  One from Cap 1 and of course it was a no go, and also 2 medical collections again a no go, but they did validate.  I have a couple other medical and one for an old cable bill.  It has been 30 days and still no word.  How long do I wait before I send out validation letter?  Or is that a good idea?  Maybe I should say what do I do now if they have responded? 
Frequent Contributor
smooshiesmom

Re: How long to wait after sending PFD letters to acutally sending validaion letters?

Edited to say that should have said if they haven't responded.  Sorry
Valued Contributor
SmartCookie

Re: How long to wait after sending PFD letters to acutally sending validaion letters?

I believe Noah said 6 weeks is reasonable, and I know I've also heard wash rinse repeat at 60 days.  I'd take the advice Tuscani gave you regarding trying again

... that's basically what I'd do in your shoes.  
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+