Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will it take?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long will it take?

I have bad, (really bad) credit.  I have medical collection accounts that are already paid that I've sent GW letters in hopes of removing them.   I have other medical collections that are open that I've sent PFD letters.  I also have other disputes that I've sent all by CMRRR. 

So far, the only thing I've gotten is the return cards from the USPS.  How long will this take?  Do the CA /OC have to respond in a specific time frame?  If so, what do I do once that time frame has passed? 

I also have 2 cc that have been sent to collections, 1 noted "charged off".  Can I demand that I'll only pay the original creditor or do I really have to deal with the CA?  Isn't that going to look worse on my CR?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long will it take?

You should hear back within 30 days (assuming they reply).
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they don't reply, what should my next step be?  I have a long way to go in improving my credit score to get approved for a mortgage for a new house and I want to make sure that I stay on the ball to get it taken care of as quickly as possible.
Message 3 of 4
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

I believe that if you don't hear back within 30 days of receipt of mailing (hence the CMRRR), you can send a file to the CRA stating that you want to information removed per the FCRA... which grants CRAs 30 days to reply or they have to remove that TL.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.