cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Hard Pulls do you have on your CR's?

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: How many Hard Pulls do you have on your CR's?

@Bman70 wrote:

So how do you count total hp - the CRAs duplicate each other right? Like my old mortgage pulls show up on EQ and TU, but 2 pulls each doesn't mean I have 4? They're the same pulls.

Each CB is seperate. If your lender pulled on EQ and TU then that is one each. Cap1 pulls on all 3 CRA's, so each of my #'s reported in my OP includes 1 pull for Cap1 from each CRA. Cap1=3 HP's. If you pull your FreeAnnualReport.com you will see all of your HP & Soft Pulls from the date of the report for the last 2 years.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 11 of 43
Bman70
Established Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

@Bman70 wrote:

So how do you count total hp - the CRAs duplicate each other right? Like my old mortgage pulls show up on EQ and TU, but 2 pulls each doesn't mean I have 4? They're the same pulls.

Each CB is seperate. If your lender pulled on EQ and TU then that is one each. Cap1 pulls on all 3 CRA's, so each of my #'s reported in my OP includes 1 pull for Cap1 from each CRA. Cap1=3 HP's. If you pull your FreeAnnualReport.com you will see all of your HP & Soft Pulls from the date of the report for the last 2 years.

So Credit Karma saying I have 5 means... Only for Transunion? Shucks guess that makes sense, my education continues. Smiley Happy So does that mean if a lender only pulls EQ, I have only one hp, but if they pull TU I have 5? And both pulled will be considered 6? Even though some are duplicates? You'd think lenders would always need to pull all 3 then, in order to know how many hp you really have. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 12 of 43
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

My HP's are:

TU - 1

EQ - 0

EX - 0

I wish I was you right now lol Smiley Mad

Message 13 of 43
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@Bman70 wrote:

So Credit Karma saying I have 5 means... Only for Transunion? Shucks guess that makes sense, my education continues. Smiley Happy So does that mean if a lender only pulls EQ, I have only one hp, but if they pull TU I have 5? And both pulled will be considered 6? Even though some are duplicates? You'd think lenders would always need to pull all 3 then, in order to know how many hp you really have. 

I am kind of confused by your math.  View each credit reporting agency seperatly. If you have a lender that pulls from 1, that's +1 for that agency. So if they pull from all 3, that's +1 each.

So for TU you have a total of 5.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 14 of 43
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

This is an interesting question, here are mine:

EX- 4 total

Chase: Chase Freedom - 2/18/14

AMEX PRG & Everyday (x3): 8/14/13 & 1/13/14 & 5/21/14 (I jumped the gun the first two apps - finally approved with the last pull)

EQ- 10 total

(6 from buying a truck - SF - Wells Fargo - Regions - Dealership - BOA - Ally These all drop by 6/27 this year)

Amex 8/14/2014

SF crd: State Farm Student Credit Card 10/18/13

SF Bank: Truck Refi 8/30/13

Comenity Bank: Buckle Credit Card 3/2/14

TU- 4 total

GE: Walmart Credit Card 1/31/2014

SF: State Farm Student Card 8/30/14

Amex: PRG 8/14/14

Dealership: Buying truck -6/27/14

Thankfully most of mine drop off next month, but my Eq score has been affected because of the 10. 

Message 15 of 43
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I wish most lenders in my area would pull EQ for me!!! It used to be my lowest score but now it's topping the chart as my highest with the lowest inquiry as well

Message 16 of 43
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

I wish most lenders in my area would pull EQ for me!!! It used to be my lowest score but now it's topping the chart as my highest with the lowest inquiry as well

Are you related to or living with a Navy Fed member or somebody who qualifies(active dute, honarable veterans, all DoD personell)? NFCU has good products, is generous with CL's and always pulls EQ

06/26/2014 - Gardening until 7/1/15
NFCU NavCheck 15k, cashRewards VS 14k, nRewards 14k
Amex BCE 15k, CapOne Quicksilver MC 3k, USAA Platinum MC 2k, Discover It 1k
Jared 5.1K, Zales 5k, Lowe's 15k, Home Depot 5k
Message 17 of 43
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

14. Ouch. Thankfully most are over a year old. I am gardeing until this time next year so I am hoping my score improves.

Message 18 of 43
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@leegreen wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

Are you related to or living with a Navy Fed member or somebody who qualifies(active dute, honarable veterans, all DoD personell)? NFCU has good products, is generous with CL's and always pulls EQ

yes I used to live with household members back in 2011 who are currently on active duty. We don't live in the same state anymore tho

Message 19 of 43
Bman70
Established Contributor

@leegreen wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

I think NFCU leaves honorable vets off their list - which is why I went with USAA. Boggles the mind that a one-year Coast Guard enlisted can join but a disabled Vietnam veteran isn't allowed. I'm a vet (not Nam, that was just example), tried to join but was told veterans aren't eligible. Unless 20-year retired. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.