Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Inq are to many?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How many Inq are to many?

If I am not looking for a house or a car in the future (or one-offs like a HELOC or private student loans too admittedly), I don't care.  At all.  That's with my being a dirty file too.

Fact is I've been approved for everything except for a 5/24 denial from Chase, and I leveraged my credit more in the last year than is typical for me... got mortgage, stopped caring.  Now that I may want to move, I am caring and it's got to be something darned useful like a Schwab debit card for overseas travel to get me to take another inquiry.  Always have a reason for an application, and if there's something higher priority than a credit card or similar, focus on that is my modus operandi.

This is with mortgage pulls deduped, raw actual count is somewhat higher (+4 on every 2 year count, +1 on EQ 1 year count as well). 

1 Year:

EQ = 4, TU = 1, EX = 5

2 Year:

EQ = 7, TU = 6, EX = 10

        
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have that many fingers and toes!

in 2 years around or at 30 on each

Most come off at the end of this year. Ive been a good boy and only did Navy (which is a must), BofA, and 2 CITI cards in January. 

Message 12 of 15
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

2-EX

2-EQ

4-TU

Total of 4 INQ since 2014 (Chase, CapOne, Barclaycard and Synchrony). Planning to app for at least two more cards this year since I got my eye on Chase again as well as Amex. 

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

13-14 on each report.    Getting more doesn't seem to affect my score that much anymore.

Message 14 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

13-14 on each report.    Getting more doesn't seem to affect my score that much anymore.

Not certain there's a penalty above 6 TBH (within a year that is, inquiries beyond a year don't count score wise of course).  I haven't racked up enough data personally but I did note a non-trivial drop at 6 inquiries explicitly for FICO 8, and another individual who has tested inquiries far more than I ever will stated 6 was basically as bad as it gets so I suspect that data is pretty solid.

        
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.