Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many cards do you have?

tag
princessminor
Contributor

Re: How many cards do you have?

Thanks gdale6 for the definition and info.

Starting Score:625
Current Score:660
Goal Score:725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 25
princessminor
Contributor

Thanks NRB525 for your response.  The first thing that stuck out for me was your statement of,  "you are living beyond our means."  You are 1000% correct!  My DH works for NYCTA and makes a very good salary as a train operator, but the paycheck isn't consistent yet so I have to use a ballpark figure when doing the monthly budget.  We use my paycheck for all other household needs.  It's not as much as I would want it to be, but the problem is that we aren't able to save as much and that is what's worrying me.  Over the weekend, I was able to come up with a payment plan and according to the plan I should be able to knock off 8 cards this year.  My mind is made up and I have to stick to a cash and carry policy from now on.  Also, another big problem we have is eating out so that will be cut down to one restaurant a month and that will also save us a lot of money.  Again, thanks for your help.

Message 22 of 25
princessminor
Contributor

Thanks Gunnar419 for your help.  I know it's gonna be a long road, but I am prepared for a lifestyle change.  I will keep them all open for now and starting paying them off.  I'm doing the challenge (first time) so I'm serious and this is the first time that I've decided that a change is needed.  Thanks agian.

Message 23 of 25
princessminor
Contributor

Thanks takeshi74 for your help.  I've come up with a plan that I believe will help to start to tackle this debt and get it under control.  Since I'm getting conflicitng info regarding closing, I've decieded to keep them all open and once they've all been paid down, to take stock and see which ones are/aren't necessary.

Message 24 of 25
princessminor
Contributor

I just would like to again thank you all for your advice and well wishes.  I hope to come out on top in time and I wish you all the best.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.