cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many of you have an excel sheet for your CC's???

tag
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

Re: How many of you have an excel sheet for your CC's???

I have one excel files for my general "finances" overview:

Tab1: Pay-plan (depending on any balances I may be carrying and/or budgeted/expected spendings, ill set a plan to PIF or pay by certain date, etc based on pay-dates)

Tab2: Balances/Utilization: Just keep this updated with most current balances, utlization, statement close dates, etc.

Tab3: Terms/Rewards/etc: Keep a mostly fixed list of all my CC accounts with APRs, when intro APRs expire, when CLI timeframes, cashback reward structures, etc

Tab4: Budget-plan: mostly fixed list of fixed expenses, spending categories, savings, etc. which i then can use to plan which cards i'll use for each category (this helps to set plan for future plan in Tab1)

Tab5: AAoA: self-explanatory

Message 11 of 34
essexjet
Contributor

Here is a screenshot of what I use.  I like it because I can put at util % and it tells me how much I need to pay.

(please dont judge balances....I'm working on it )

2/21/19 Fico's: EQ 651 - TU 666 - EXP 670
4/4/19 Fico's: EQ 744 - TU 763 - EXP 758

AMEX Platinum: NPSL / DCU $3000 / Barclaycard Apple Visa $2700 / Firestone $1200 / Credit One Bank $1100 / Walmart $8000 / Capital One $500 / Chase United Explorer $5000 / Discover IT $1500 / NFCU $1500 / Sams Club $7500
Message 12 of 34
Brusilov
Established Contributor

I have one here too and it goes something like this:

Card Name | Limit | APR | Promo APR? | Promo End date | Date Opened | Notes

Total Current Card Balances: (inputted)

Then it spits out the following information:

Total Limits:

Average Limit:

Utilization across all Accounts:

Average Open Date:

Average Age of Open Accounts:

As far as stuff like requesting CLIs, APR decreases, things like that...I have email reminders currently setup to notify me when I'm "due" for one (GE Accounts every 4 months, etc.).  The system seems to be working pretty well for me.

Message 13 of 34
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

@essexjet wrote:

Here is a screenshot of what I use.  I like it because I can put at util % and it tells me how much I need to pay.

*No judging, with a system like that, it seems you just need to follow it and you should be good.

This is what Im talking about tho, I'd appreciate a template if you can send it over to me :-)

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 14 of 34
adavis425
Established Contributor

@TheClub wrote:

May be useless for some but it definitely helps me tremendously. I have all my CC's listed with opening dates, AAOA, aprs, current balances, utl, AF's (and when they're due), and a nice little line graph attached to monitor my spending habits.

Even have all the info listed for my future CC's with expected opening dates and a SN of best current offers.

Excel is the best for managing and keeping up with finances.

Hey! It sounds as if you copied my sheet! Smiley Tongue I have every bit of info I even THINK I might need about each card, my car loan, and even a card that I closed last year. Payments, due dates and statement dates are highlighted. Each month's payment has a different highlight color that I fill in once that cards auto-pay posts. I leave NOTHING to chance. Excel is not new-fangled, but it sure is helpful...and it's password protected. This way I can see at a glance what's going on with each account without having to trust that info to someone else's server. Really works for me.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 15 of 34
essexjet
Contributor

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ift2vyypj4cf9zw/CCCS2008.xls

AMEX Platinum: NPSL / DCU $3000 / Barclaycard Apple Visa $2700 / Firestone $1200 / Credit One Bank $1100 / Walmart $8000 / Capital One $500 / Chase United Explorer $5000 / Discover IT $1500 / NFCU $1500 / Sams Club $7500
Message 16 of 34
Brusilov
Established Contributor

@essexjet wrote:

You should upgrade to LibreOffice! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 34
-Furbz-
Contributor

that spreadsheet is awesome, might take some ideas from it .

Thanks

Message 18 of 34
essexjet
Contributor

I put AmEx on there just for the AAOA but leave everyting blank as it is a Green Card.

Message 19 of 34
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

@essexjet 

Nice setups,,, I hadn't even thought about it till I read this thread, but it puts all my info in one place and seems neat,handy and easy to use...

Thanks for the template.....Smiley LOL    

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.