Regular Contributor

Re: How many of you have an excel sheet for your CC's???

I have one excel files for my general "finances" overview:

Tab1: Pay-plan (depending on any balances I may be carrying and/or budgeted/expected spendings, ill set a plan to PIF or pay by certain date, etc based on pay-dates)

Tab2: Balances/Utilization: Just keep this updated with most current balances, utlization, statement close dates, etc.

Tab3: Terms/Rewards/etc: Keep a mostly fixed list of all my CC accounts with APRs, when intro APRs expire, when CLI timeframes, cashback reward structures, etc

Tab4: Budget-plan: mostly fixed list of fixed expenses, spending categories, savings, etc. which i then can use to plan which cards i'll use for each category (this helps to set plan for future plan in Tab1)

Tab5: AAoA: self-explanatory

New Contributor

Here is a screenshot of what I use.  I like it because I can put at util % and it tells me how much I need to pay.

(please dont judge balances....I'm working on it )

AMEX Platinum: NPSL / DCU $3000 / Barclaycard Apple Visa $2700 / Firestone $1200 / Credit One Bank $1100 / Walmart $700 / Capital One $500 / Chase United Explorer $5000 / Discover IT $1500
Established Contributor

I have one here too and it goes something like this:

Card Name | Limit | APR | Promo APR? | Promo End date | Date Opened | Notes

Total Current Card Balances: (inputted)

Then it spits out the following information:

Total Limits:

Average Limit:

Utilization across all Accounts:

Average Open Date:

Average Age of Open Accounts:

As far as stuff like requesting CLIs, APR decreases, things like that...I have email reminders currently setup to notify me when I'm "due" for one (GE Accounts every 4 months, etc.).  The system seems to be working pretty well for me.

$17.3K          $500              $7K              $15K              $5K             $2300          $3200          $2000          $1500          $1000           $8100

Garden Since: 9.25.2013
Frequent Contributor

essexjet wrote:

Here is a screenshot of what I use.  I like it because I can put at util % and it tells me how much I need to pay.

*No judging, with a system like that, it seems you just need to follow it and you should be good.

This is what Im talking about tho, I'd appreciate a template if you can send it over to me :-)

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Established Contributor

TheClub wrote:

May be useless for some but it definitely helps me tremendously. I have all my CC's listed with opening dates, AAOA, aprs, current balances, utl, AF's (and when they're due), and a nice little line graph attached to monitor my spending habits.

Even have all the info listed for my future CC's with expected opening dates and a SN of best current offers.

Excel is the best for managing and keeping up with finances.

Hey! It sounds as if you copied my sheet! :smileytongue: I have every bit of info I even THINK I might need about each card, my car loan, and even a card that I closed last year. Payments, due dates and statement dates are highlighted. Each month's payment has a different highlight color that I fill in once that cards auto-pay posts. I leave NOTHING to chance. Excel is not new-fangled, but it sure is helpful...and it's password protected. This way I can see at a glance what's going on with each account without having to trust that info to someone else's server. Really works for me.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

New Contributor

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ift2vyypj4cf9zw/CCCS2008.xls

AMEX Platinum: NPSL / DCU $3000 / Barclaycard Apple Visa $2700 / Firestone $1200 / Credit One Bank $1100 / Walmart $700 / Capital One $500 / Chase United Explorer $5000 / Discover IT $1500
Established Contributor

essexjet wrote:

You should upgrade to LibreOffice! :smileyhappy:

$17.3K          $500              $7K              $15K              $5K             $2300          $3200          $2000          $1500          $1000           $8100

Garden Since: 9.25.2013
Contributor

that spreadsheet is awesome, might take some ideas from it .

Thanks

New Contributor

I put AmEx on there just for the AAOA but leave everyting blank as it is a Green Card.

Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

@essexjet 

Nice setups,,, I hadn't even thought about it till I read this thread, but it puts all my info in one place and seems neat,handy and easy to use...

Thanks for the template.....:smileylol:    

>Starting Score: 480 (CK - 5/11)Current Score: (EQ)755(EX)745 (TU)747 Per MyFico(3/30/15) Goal Score: 830 (Last app 3/30/15) Perpetual Gardener Cards: Macys Store (2,000) My BestBuy (3,000) Chase Freedom Visa (3,000) Chase Slate (3,500) Home Depot (4,500) Citi Simp.Visa (5,100) Barclays World Arrival (5,400) Belk (5,500) Chase Sapphire (6,000) Macys Amex (6,000) Discover iT (7,100) Lowes (10,000) JCP Gold Mastercard (10,000) Amex BCE (10,000) Amex EDP(15,000)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.