Contributor
Callandra

Re: How many people actually care about their credit?

iv wrote:

MrCrabs wrote:

Unfortunetly I don't think any finance skills are taught at schools period(saving, investing, credit, etc) so unless the parents are educated on finances such as yourself, a lot kids go into the world unprepared and end up with difficulty later.

We actually added a personal finance class as a HS graduation requirement a few years ago...  doesn't mean the students always pay attention, but at least it's presented to them.

That's good that they have that! Most of the classes I took in high school (and college for the matter) were useless. I had one class my senior year of high school, it was only half a year, Economics, where the teacher taught us about paying bills, working, finding an apartment (the whole thing was actually a project) and other basic adult "skills." He didn't really dabble into credit but I wish I had known more about credit!! Thanks to this forum I know so much more but so many people don't, or don't care. 

Sallie Mae $2000 | Chase Freedom $3500 | Barclay Rewards (Average Credit) $1500 | Victoria's Secret $750 (SD)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}