Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much do you trust CreditKarma?

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: How much do you trust CreditKarma?

@Incredulous wrote:
I hope this thread is not too off topic for this subforum. I was wondering if you guys link up your credit card and checking accounts to CreditKarma for spending analysis?

I don't but I've been using Mint for that.

@Incredulous wrote:
I'm interested viewing my transactions in a consolidated manner, but am not entirely comfortable with the idea of handing my financial login credentials to a third party. 

Would polling others really change your mind on the matter?  There is certainly potential risk with doing so with any company but it's your call to make whether you use any given service or not.

Message 11 of 15
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I refuse to put all my banking and credit info on one site. All it takes is one security breach, and I would be in a world of hurt.

+1 to that!

Also, regarding CK in particular, last year when they redesigned the site and went from allowing daily pulls to only allowing weekly pulls, their technical botch of the changeover was so awful that anybody who remembers it should know that CK is technically inept and not likely to be good at safeguarding data.

Message 12 of 15
damierFICO
Valued Member

+1 for Mint. The UI is nice as far as the mobile app (haven't used it on a desktop). You can integrate brokerage accounrts as well which is a plus for me. The spending analysis has it's quirks though. I remember last month it factored refunds back to an account as negative cash flow or something like that. Overall pretty good.

Can't comment on CK for spending analysis but I remember looking at my EX report after trying to find out my credit score through them (didn't know they were FAKO before reading these forums) and wondering why they gave me a hard pull - I guess they''re the exception for pulling your own credit being a sp!

Message 13 of 15
jfksfo

On their technical ineptitude...

Credit Karma had a major security flaw in their app which left Social Security numbers and account info you typed in wide open and the government fined them for it:

http://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2014/03/fandango-credit-karma-settle-ftc-charges-they-...

There's something systemic there, as this happened once, then repeated again.

Message 14 of 15
GFer
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I refuse to put all my banking and credit info on one site. All it takes is one security breach, and I would be in a world of hurt.

+100

Why I would NEVER!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.