cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much longer will it take before they update new cycle from paid down cards?

tag
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

How much longer will it take before they update new cycle from paid down cards?

Dcu and Amex. I thought transition was slow and they r a week behind the rest but due date on DCU was 15th which means about 5 days after for closing and I still don't have an alert update on myfico for this which I paid down more than 7k on this card. Amex I paid down to zero and only an update on equifax last week nothing since for the rest. I want to go on an app spree now but this is holding me up. 

Anyone know what's the process? My scores are almost 750+ across the board but should jump about 30 points when this posts.

EQ-784 TU-777 EXP-772 12/11/15

NFCU(11.5k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(1k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(2k), AmexBCE($800),
New cards 12/12-NFCU-MC(18.5k), Simplicity(9.2k),Slate(7.5k),Amex(3.8k)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much longer will it take before they update new cycle from paid down cards?

I don't have an account with DCU, but my Amex seems to update quick. Be patient. The cards aren't going anywhere.
Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: How much longer will it take before they update new cycle from paid down cards?

Your accounts will report whenever they normally report.  How long it takes the CRA's to acutally update -- we have no idea.  They update when they update.  If your FICO 8's are at 750 you're already in the range for best terms anyway.  Another 30 points probably won't make much, if any, difference.

In a situation like this, a monitoring service that allows for daily pulls is a bit more useful than a trigger based monitoring service though a balance reduction of that amount should trigger an update when it happens.

Message 3 of 5
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

Your accounts will report whenever they normally report.  How long it takes the CRA's to acutally update -- we have no idea.  They update when they update.  If your FICO 8's are at 750 you're already in the range for best terms anyway.  Another 30 points probably won't make much, if any, difference.

In a situation like this, a monitoring service that allows for daily pulls is a bit more useful than a trigger based monitoring service though a balance reduction of that amount should trigger an update when it happens.

I just checked the freereports i just got and it shows the last month of reporting from DCU to be 10/31/15 so I don't understand what the issue is for this past month when we are past the mark for november which would be around 11/30/15. Im not applying until this gets reported its over $7000 that I paid down which would be alot, given I have about 40k in credit and it shows about 11k with this balance, after this reports it brings my utilization down to about 10% owing only 4k.

NFCU(11.5k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(1k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(2k), AmexBCE($800),
Message 4 of 5
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

Did i say 30 points. I just checked the score simulator after this amount gets paid into my model and im at 803-810 range so thats more than 50 points just from this.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.