Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much of a bump?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much of a bump?

After no lates payments for almost seven years my three baddies will be falling off this year.  How much of a bump point-wise (if any) might I see in my credit score?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How much of a bump?

Once your CR is free of derogs, you will be re-bucketed to scoring under a "clean" credit file category. 

This will take primary FICO focus away from paymwnt history, and place more focus on other FICO scoring categories.  Next to payment history, utilization is the next most prominent scoring category.  If you also get your % util down, those two together should result in a significant score increase.  Putting a number on it is almost impossible, since FICO is a five category algorithm.  But if you move from a dirrty to clean credit file, and get % util down to under, for example, 20%, then you are well on your way to substantial FICO growth.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much of a bump?

This post actually depresses me!  Ha... I have until April of 2014 until my 30 day late drops off.  Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.