cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much total credit line do people really get compared to their income?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much total credit line do people really get compared to their income?

Our both mine and my wifes limits  are below are income.  However, until she got the C1 Spark for business she had normal limits. The Spark gave her a high limit since then everybody has played follow the leader New cards with high limits and  cli that were large.  My limts are tame and meek compared to hers. We have similar scores. 

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm $4800 shy of 4x my base salary as available credit. No lying, and no long relationships with anyone but my main hub CU (from which I do not have a large limit account).

Good, clean reports, mid to high 700 FICO scores and over 10 years of history showing are all that I have going for me. My income is not high, relative to most people with lots of cards here.
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm $4800 shy of 4x my base salary as available credit. No lying, and no long relationships with anyone but my main hub CU (from which I do not have a large limit account).

Good, clean reports, mid to high 700 FICO scores and over 10 years of history showing are all that I have going for me. My income is not high, relative to most people with lots of cards here.

That was very helpful.  Have you gone out of your way to solicit credit limit increases (CLIs)?  I am not talking about early on, where you may well have done that, but even after your total CL was high?

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That was very helpful.  Have you gone out of your way to solicit credit limit increases (CLIs)?  I am not talking about early on, where you may well have done that, but even after your total CL was high?

I request CLIs with everyone who gives them without a hard inquiry as often as is prudent, and I accepted a hard inquiry once. One of my "eventually" goals with credit cards is to end up slimming down to maybe a dozen or so that have a very clear function in my arsenal, and most with 20k+ limits (a few such as a Chase Freedom don't need anything more than 4-5k because it's use is only $1500 per quarter).

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.