cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much will an account sent to collections affect my FICO score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much will an account sent to collections affect my FICO score?

I currently have a FICO of 678. I just got sent to Collections for $5500 by Boeing over a class I took through their Learning Together Program. How much will my score go down due to this? I am not able to pay the $5500 in full at this time, but can offer to make payments to the collection agency. Any advice/suggestions? Thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much will an account sent to collections affect my FICO score?

rodene12 wrote:
I currently have a FICO of 678. I just got sent to Collections for $5500 by Boeing over a class I took through their Learning Together Program. How much will my score go down due to this? I am not able to pay the $5500 in full at this time, but can offer to make payments to the collection agency. Any advice/suggestions? Thanks!

If its gone to colelctions and you are not able to pay it off in 30 days or reach an agreeable settlement that can be paid to prevent reporting, its probably too late.  You can expect an initial score decrease from 50-200 points depending on your current credit score.  I say initial because the longer the debt remains unpaid the more the likelihood that it will be sold to another collector and each entry will hurt your report more.

HTH

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.