cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often do you check your credit score?

tag
demo18c
Contributor

Re: How often do you check your credit score?

I close soon so I daily pull all three. If i see a change on my CR then I will pull my scores

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 19
akaniks
Established Member

I check my FICO scores once a year. My next update will be around April 15th. I really do not see a reason to check my scores much more then that unless I am planning a major purchase such as a house. 

I check my reports and fako scores frequently but pay little attention to those. 

Message 12 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I last checked mine in 9/09 and am not sure when I'll check again. I'm in no hurry.

From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 13 of 19
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

monthly
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 14 of 19
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

I belong to Score Watch for my EQ score, so that means I can pull my scores and reports 2x per year. That said...I started my free trial of Score Watch on August 6th. I've only purposely pulled my EQ score once since then. However, Score Watch has alerted me 22 additional times of my FICO score since August 6th. So...I guess I get my EQ score quite often, but all I did was pay for the annual membership (and I got a decent discount on that).

As for TU, I belong to Quarterly Monitoring, so I get a score and report 4x per year.

I'm cheap. I don't need my scores more often than that.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I check at least  twice per year.  I too have equifax score watch - excellent program!   If my score band change up or down I get a free alert with the score.   Anyway,  when i was in credit repair i check daily yes daily, using american express credit secure.  So, in short if I anticipate a change then dially.

Message 16 of 19
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

I get my fico scores monthly, around the same day each month.  I am on an aggressive cc debt elimination plan and I need to see my scores.  I subscribe to myfico Transunion products and get 20-30% coupon codes when necessary.  I recently found out that now that I am a NFCU member that they offer special discounts for Equifax and give "FREE" unlimited credit reports which can be dangerous in itself because I can get a new equifax report every 24hrs Smiley Surprised.  I've found that SW directly through them works better and faster, it's through a previous SW purchase that I don't know aboubt, perhaps my purchase from here but I do know that I no longer get alerts from myfico, only thru NFCU/Equifax.   I like to check often because of self-gratification.  All though, I plan to not purchase my TU scores unless i've received an alert from NFCU/Equifax.    

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 17 of 19
xchap
Contributor

i normally check 2-3 times per week if i paid a big lump sum of money to my creditors.

other wise 1 a week. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 760
Goal Score: 800

Message 18 of 19
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

I check my scores whenever there is a major change to my report, such as a baddie falling off or a significant reduction in utilization.  Other than that, I just monitor my reports with CCT. 
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.