cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often do you guy's check your FICO score?

tag
bigraydaddy65
Established Member

How often do you guy's check your FICO score?

I never checked my score for 2 years because my starting score was in the high 400's. I finally checked it, and I was stoked because my score was in the mid 600's.

Now I feel like checking it every couple months. How often do you guy's check yours?    Once/twice a year?   Three/four times a year?

I'm assuming this question might be more for people rebuilding their credit, now that I think about it. If your score is in the high 700's, I assume you'd check it way less often.

Thanks for your replies.

7/18/10 TU 684 Equifax 658
3/7/2017 TU 752 Equifax 762 Experian 793
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: How often do you guy's check your FICO score?

i check mine (ours) every month or two.

Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Once a quarter for me.  Once you become familiar with how credit scorig works, you know which things will hurt or improve your score without having to see an actual three digit number to confirm it.  I pull y CR once a month, and concentrate on any CR changes.  That is generally the same as score monitoring.

Message 3 of 8
John060675
Valued Contributor

I pull my TU and EQ scores once a month through myFICO.  Probably a little excessive, but it never gets old waiting for the new score to pop up.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@bigraydaddy65 wrote:

How often do you guy's check yours?

I used to check each 3x/month (15th, last day of the mo., and the 1st). I found through pulling frequently that you learn about the finer points in FICO scoring (other than just reading about it) and being a numbers guys, you can see and spot trends when you have more data to work with. We were doing this leading up to our mortgage and wanted to maximize the points in that respect. Now that we closed about 2-3 weeks ago, we scaled down everything, cancelled some CMS services, and plan to pull only once per month and later on once per quarter since FICO scoring isn't as important.

Message 5 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

About twice a year. That seems to work for me.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 8
Regular Contributor

I pull mine about 4 times a year. Usually pull it when something major happens like a collection drops off, newest account turns 1 yr, or lots of inquiries drop. I do use a CMS to keep up on my CR. $10/mo is much better than $15 for each FICO from each bureau.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I check my FAKO at creditkarma.com daily... if something dramatically changes, ill pull reports. And of course i use annualreports.com

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.