Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often do you pull your report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often do you pull your report?

I'm curious as to how often you guys pull your reports to check the latest?  Do you buy a new report every month or wait to be alerted of a score change just to see your score?

I would like to pull monthly considering my alerts are a week or more off when a change occurs on my report.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: How often do you pull your report?

Once everything is static and you know your AAofA and when it will change pulling more than twice yearly is burning money.
Message 2 of 8
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

I pull my free credit reports yearly at annualcreditreport.com. I spread it out and pull one of the three ~every 4 months. I pull my Fico scores from here at various intervals in-between generally 3 times a year or so--what used to be one from each agency. The goal is to be able ot catch any errors within a couple of months. 

If I am planning on applying for a mortgage or car loan I will pull all three (EQ and TU FICOs from here, EX just to look at the report) to make sure everything is in order. 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 3 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I used to pull crazy, once a month or more, when things were really happening on my reports. Now it's every 10 - 12 weeks or so.

It was more fun when TrueCredit allowed daily pulls of all three, and the reports were legitimately refreshed. That let me know when my report changed, so I could decide whether to pay for the score.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have scorewatch to let me know if something crazy happens on my report. Otherwise I am with smallfry. I won't pull until right before I am making a credit decision or I am near a major milestone.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anyone doing  *free* daily pulls of all 3 anymore?   (Even with a membership?)
Message 6 of 8
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I pull TC 3-way monthly, BD TU and EX monthly and have SW. I did not use all my Score Power reports last year so I have a little stockpile in case I need an EQ report/scoreI also have annualcreditreport.com in reserve for a direct EQ pull should I need it. I do have some issues that I am trying to keep an early warning eye out for. Once EQ goes above 740 I may back off this slightly. Hopefully that will be soon - it was over 720 and then backtracked. EQ does not like me!
Message 7 of 8
DI
Super Contributor

I've been viewing my Experian and Equifax reports everyday since June.  I'm taking advantage of my report and confirmation numbers until they expire. 
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.