cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does Capital One SP their card holders?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often does Capital One SP their card holders?

Curious about this.  Since they don't provide a FICO score like some other creditors like Amex, Discover, etc. that are pretty regular with their SPs monthly when your FICO score is provided, is there any data out there on when Capital One does SPs?  I know they do weekly updates with Credit Wise on their site; does this mean they do weekly SPs?  Just trying to position my next CLI request (which I'm due for in 2 weeks) appropriately after a solid SP as my score has gone up a good amount in the last few weeks.  Thanks all.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often does Capital One SP their card holders?

@Anonymous wrote:

Curious about this.  Since they don't provide a FICO score like some other creditors like Amex, Discover, etc. that are pretty regular with their SPs monthly when your FICO score is provided, is there any data out there on when Capital One does SPs?  I know they do weekly updates with Credit Wise on their site; does this mean they do weekly SPs?  Just trying to position my next CLI request (which I'm due for in 2 weeks) appropriately after a solid SP as my score has gone up a good amount in the last few weeks.  Thanks all.

I'm pretty sure they have access to the weekly Credit Wise pulls, and also SP you whenever you hit the CLI luv button.  But I'd get confirmation on that before trying.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know for sure on this?  Does CO actually SP the card holder at the time a CLI is requested?  I know many creditors like Discover and Amex simply go off of the last SP and don't actually SP you at that moment.  So Credit Wise updates weekly mean that CO is getting weekly SPs?  That's pretty frequent relative to many other creditors.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They soft pull my Equifax on the 28th of every month. Every other month on TU & EX.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So that means that there is no SP when they do the Credit Wise update weekly then.  I know for FICO score updates creditors have to do a SP, but I wasn't sure about FAKO updates.  Good to know.

What's the best method of seeing your SPs from creditors that like CO that don't provide a FICO score?  I don't believe I can see them on CCT when I pull my reports on there.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.