cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How quickly does Wamu Credit Cards report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How quickly does Wamu Credit Cards report?

I just opened a Wamu credit card with an EX Bankcard FICO benefit.   Card was opened 5/29/08.   Just pulled my EX report this morning and it is still not reporting.   My statement cut on 6/18/08, so I figured it would report within a week after that, or for sure by end of June.

Does anyone have any experience with Wamu and how long it takes to report in the beginning?   I guess I got spoiled with Barclay's, who reports within 48 hours of card approval (or so it seems!)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How quickly does Wamu Credit Cards report?

I would expect it to report within a few days of statement-  mine did-

Do you want that new account hit? I would call NEXT month

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent point, as always.

When does the new acct effect start wearing off?   At 3 months?  Then 6, 12, 18 and 24?   I need a refresher....

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine seem to get "happier" at 3 months.

TU and EQ hate new accounts- my EX seems to go up no matter what aweful things I do.

Boscoe wrote:
Excellent point, as always.

When does the new acct effect start wearing off?   At 3 months?  Then 6, 12, 18 and 24?   I need a refresher....

Message 4 of 12
hawaiitony
New Contributor

My Wamu account opened around 5/8. It still is not reporting yet.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe after all I don't care if it EVER reports.......I plan on using this card as one of my primary cards that I will use each month.  If it does not report, then my UTL will be lower.  I have enough other cards that will get my score where I need it to be, so maybe I should hope it never, ever reports!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX was reporting the same month I got my new card but TU didn't show until the following month. TU seems to be a month behind for some reason. My last TU was pulled 6/23 and is only reporting Aprils payment.

As a side note, Wamu gave me a $1000 auto CLI about five days before the 7th statement cut. I used the card heavily for travel and have always had a balance of about 1k. Probably would have been a better CLI if I didn't have to use it for work so much. At least I had 0%apr, since my job is so slow to cut my expense checks.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't remember how long my WaMu took to report, but reading this thread reminded me of something I thought of several months ago.

I think one good indicator of whether you have "arrived," so to speak, is how you think about the effects of getting a new account.

When you go from "I can't wait until this reports" to "I wonder how long I can fly under the radar before this reports," then you know you're getting there! Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-07-2008 09:20 PM
Message 8 of 12
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't remember how long my WaMu took to report, but reading this thread reminded me of something I thought of several months ago.
I think one good indicator of whether you have "arrived," so to speak, is how you think about the effects of getting a new account.
When you go from "I can't wait until this reports" to "I wonder how long I can fly under the radar before this reports," then you know you're getting there! Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-07-2008 09:20 PM

excellent point cheddar, well said
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, excellent point.  And since this is a card that I am using alot due to the rewards it offers, by it not reporting, my UTL is way down as well....

In my opinion, there are alot of us here that have "arrived"........
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.