cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How reliable is the FICO Scores Estimator & Calculator?

tag
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

I just did the Estimator and according to it, my FICO Scores are estimated to be between: 555 & 605.

My husbands is estimated to be between 545 &-595.

Should I believe this?  According to Credit Karma, my husbands is considerably less and mine is just about correct! LOL

Thanks

Starting all over again!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How reliable is the FICO Scores Estimator & Calculator?

@kennerchick wrote:

I just did the Estimator and according to it, my FICO Scores are estimated to be between: 555 & 605.

My husbands is estimated to be between 545 &-595.

Should I believe this?  According to Credit Karma, my husbands is considerably less and mine is just about correct! LOL

Thanks

It's close but the only way to know for sure is to actually pull the reports.  Also you can't compare the Fico scores here to what you see on CK. CK does not provide Fico scores at all so any closeness in scores is purely coincidental.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only way to know is to go and get all 3 Fico scores.  They do come pretty close when you use them.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im new to the game but for the last 6 months have been monitoring ck, myficos and a hand full of other score sites. My Ck has always been within about 10 points usually higher then my actual Ficos. Not as bad as some sites that list your scores 40-60 points higher.   

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@kennerchick wrote:

Given that there isn't just one FICO model -- not very reliable.  A simulator providing a single score can't simulate them all.

@kennerchick wrote:

According to Credit Karma, my husbands is considerably less and mine is just about correct!

You have to consider the specific scoring models used.  As mentioned above CK does not provide FICO's.  CK provide VantageScore 3.0 scores.  You cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by a different model.  Expect different algorithms to produce different results.  Different scoring models can be coincidnetally close or even the same in certain cases but, as always, coincidental != causal.

If you want to know your score for a given model & CRA then pull a score generated using that model and CRA.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.