Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How's this DV letter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How's this DV letter?

I am sending this out to a couple CAs. Figured I'd post for feedback before sending. I pretty much cut and paste from a couple examples on the web. CA Address City, ST ZIP To Whom It May Concern: Re: Account xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on xxxxxx, 2008. Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested. Please provide me with the following: What the money you say I owe is for; Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe; Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe, including Identification of the original creditor; Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state Under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA), I have the right to request validation of the debt you say I owe you. I am requesting proof that I am indeed the party you are asking to pay this debt, and there is some contractual obligation which is binding on me to pay this debt. Please also be aware that a sworn affidavit from your compliance officer does not constitute a valid validation of this debt. If your offices fail to respond to this validation request within 30 days from the date of your receipt, all references to this account must be deleted and completely removed from my credit file and a copy of such deletion request shall be sent to me immediately. Thank you for your cooperation. Regards, ME
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How's this DV letter?

Sorry, didn't format at all the first time.....

CA Address City, ST ZIP

To Whom It May Concern:

Re: Account xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on xxxxxx, 2008. Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

Please provide me with the following:

What the money you say I owe is for; Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe; Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe, including Identification of the original creditor; Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state

Under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA), I have the right to request validation of the debt you say I owe you. I am requesting proof that I am indeed the party you are asking to pay this debt, and there is some contractual obligation which is binding on me to pay this debt. Please also be aware that a sworn affidavit from your compliance officer does not constitute a valid validation of this debt.

If your offices fail to respond to this validation request within 30 days from the date of your receipt, all references to this account must be deleted and completely removed from my credit file and a copy of such deletion request shall be sent to me immediately. Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

ME

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.