Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I spend $5000?

tag
xela

How should I spend $5000?

Hi everyone,

I have been reading these boards for months and am ready to try to improve my horrible (high 500’s) scores.  I have a lot of baddies of all sorts mostly from 2005-2006 when I lost my job.  I recently got a raise and a bonus and would like to deal with as much as possible.  Here is my situation – please advise how to spend about $5,000.

I have two large collection accounts that I have payment plans with.  I owe about $2,000 on each.  The original creditor and the collection agency reports on both. 

I have one credit card that has been closed but not sent to collections.  I am paying monthly.  Chase – I owe $800

I have three credit cards that were closed and then paid off – up to 120 days late.  I did not know about PFD’s before I paid them.

I have 4 open collections:

Capitol One - $2593

NCO - $104

Argonaut Liquor - $67

Receivable Performance - $259(Sprint assigned)

I have 3 accounts with lates that I still use, still open:

Sears

Dell – account balance 0

CSECU – car loan

After reading these boards, I sent the 3 open accounts GW letters.  I assume I should do PFD’s for the 4 open collections as well as Chase.  All are still within the SOL so do I DV them 1st?  The larger collections – should I DV, then PFD? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I’d like to buy a house within the year and have been working on cleaning up my credit for a year already with little results.  You guys are an inspiration!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.