cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon after the statement goes out is new utilization reported?

tag
TilltedBrim
Regular Contributor

How soon after the statement goes out is new utilization reported?

I just paid off all my credit cards in order to look for financing for a new vehicle.  The statement date for the last of the three credit cards that I paid off goes out between the 16th and 18th of each month.  I want to check my scores again since the utilization will change therefore raising my scores.  When exactly should the new scores be reflected?  Thanks in advance

After falling off the wagon while in the garden... And going 2 for 4 on a drapping spree I've finally received my coveted Discover More. And now I'll limp back to the garden.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
delayedinsanity
Regular Contributor

Re: How soon after the statement goes out is new utilization reported?

That's a hard one, but maybe somebody here knows something to the pattern I don't. I called and asked... I was told for my CapOne card it's within 6 days of my statement, and so far that's held mostly true. I say mostly because this last time I had my new balances reported to EQ and EX within 2 days of the statement. It took 7 for TU. As for my installment loans, I know when those report only because I marked it on the calendar for the last few months. So I have an idea of the region of time when they report anyways.

You may have to sit tight and keep an eye on it, or you can also try calling in and asking. I'm not sure if it's common practice to let us know that info but the person I talked to didn't seem too surprised I asked. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.